chapter twenty-eight

"Where is shantel Victoria where is she!!" Eric said angrily when he got back from the office and couldn't find shantel anywhere.

"Why are you shouting at me because of her!" Victoria said with an anger of her own.

"Cause she's pregnant with my child!" Eric said angrily.

"Well I can't keep putting myself in danger all because she's pregnant with your child Eric, she slapped me today for nothing,I had to do something, I couldn't take it anymore" Victoria said tears forming at the bank of her eyes.

"Didn't you think of my child for a minute before you kicked her out?she's pregnant like you for God sake, just one thing I asked of you,until she puts to birth then I can take my child and send her back,now you've thrown her out how am I suppose to get my child from her"Eric said trying to control his temper.

"really? Wow,so even tho I'm abused or not is none of your business?, am with child to,your child too eric, and she keeps attacking me,so I should risk myself and my baby just cause you want custody of her child?" Victoria said the tears already rolling down her face.

"Baby that's not what am saying, am sorry for yelling,I...just that I don't want any child of mine to be raised around a woman like shantel, and I believe you are more matured and everything than her,you are a better person than she is,am sorry for yelling babe,come here" Eric said and pulled Victoria into his arms and kissed her on the forehead.

"Sir,ma'm dinner is served" nanny Abby said.

"We would be right there" Eric said.

"Eric am sorry I just couldn't help it anymore, she's...... She's so frustrating Eric,she drives me crazy" Victoria said

"I know,same here,c'mon let's go eat,we would settle her issue tomorrow morning, so, how was your day with your mother, am sure you enjoyed your day" Eric said smiling a little.

The subject alone lightened up Victoria's face,she really enjoyed her day with her mother,she did a lot of catching up with her,she told her mother about how she got married to Eric or tho her mother wasn't really happy about it she made her see the bright side of things, but she didn't tell her mother about Susan,she didn't want to dig up old wounds.

"Oh our day was lovely,my mum is just like me,I've really missed her Eric I really missed what its like to have a mother,and I've told aunt Elizabeth already she would be coming over with Ella tomorrow to see mum"Victoria said and took the seat Eric had pulled out for her as they were already at the dining.

" that's good,very good vi,am sure Ella would be so happy to finally see her mum Again"Eric said.

"Hey mum" Victoria said to her mother who had arrived at the dining table,she was already in her nighties and had pulled her hair down,she looked like an older version of Victoria the resemblance was striking.

"Hey baby how are you?" Valeria said giving her daughter a peck on the cheek before taking her seat opposite hers.

"Am good mum" Victoria said smiling.

"Good evening ma'm" Eric greeted.

"Evening" Valeria said with a straight face.

"So how was your day?" Eric asked her trying to ignore the attitude she has been giving him.

"Your mistress was kicked out of the house today,if you claim you love my daughter so much,then why put her through such pain of living with your mistress, must you show it to the world that you don't regard or respect her?my daughter is a prestigious,hardworking woman and as her husband you are suppose to respect that" Valeria said with no emotions playing on her face but there was disdain in her voice.