The Pack of Cookies

A woman was in the airport and waiting for her plane to arrive. To keep herself busy, she bought a pack of cookies. When she was allowed to board the plane, she didn't get to eat her cookies because she hurried inside.

Inside the plane, she was seated next to a man she never knew. Between them was the pack of cookies. When the woman took one, the man also took another cookie. The woman was shocked. The man just smiled at her. Deep inside, she was angry. With each cookie she takes, the man also takes one. This repeated over and over until there was only one cookie left.

"Hmmm, let's see what this man will do." The woman said in her head.

The man smiled as he took the cookie, split it in half, and gave her half of it. By this time, she was furious inside.

They departed from the plane without a word. The woman took a cab to her desired destination. When it was time to pay the driver, she opened her purse and surprised to see her pack of cookie sealed and untouched inside.

The man on the plane was a generous man. She wanted to turn back the time, but she can't. There are a few things that we can't retrieve -the stone after it is thrown; the word after it is said; the time after it is wasted; the knowledge after it is learned; the innocence after it is taken; the life after it is lost; the memory after it is made; the sight after it is seen; the sound after it is said; and the action after it is done.

L-earn the
I-mportance of
F-orgiving and forgetting and that
E-verything and everybody is important