Chapter 5

Port - Day

"Do you really think he is going to show up?" ask Evie while the Three siblings were walking towards the boat they were about to take.

Sophie was just behind them, who beside her and Evelyn where the only ones carrying their bagged, while Jonathan was all comfortable. As the two Carnahan were talking Sophie was just listening to their conversation struggling with all the suitcases she was carrying, plus the bag that had all her weapons, she was looking around and trying to see if the man was somewhere around the Port.

"Yes! I know the breed, he may be a cowboy but his word is his word," said Jonathan to Evelyn.

"Well, personally I think he is filthy, rude, and a complete scoundrel," said Evie to her brother with a tone that said that she did not liked very much this man.

Sophie was about to respond to her sister when a gorgeous man step up to them and said, "Anyone I know?"

Surprise at how well cleaned up this man was Sophie could not find the words to say anything. He was almost unrecognizable, if it weren't for those blues eyes she remember.

"Smashing day for the start of an adventure! eh, O'Connell?" ask Jonathan and gave him a hug

"Yeah Smashing," said O'Connell and looked inside his pockets to check if his wallet was still there.

"So the man finally has a name?" ask Sophie extending her hand as they never been properly introduce each other.

"I am Sophie Carnahan," said Sophie trying not to blush as she remember he had kissed her just a few days ago.

"O'Connell," he simple said to Sophie.

Evelyn did not fail to notice the look they were giving to each other and started to wonder if in did Sophie was interested in that man. She interrupted their moment and said to Mr.O'Connell.

"Mr.O'Connell, can you looked me in the eye and guarantee that this is not a filmflam, because if it is I am warning you..." She did not get to finish as O'Connell interrupted her and said to her,

"You are warnig me? Lady Let me put it this way. My entire unit believe in this so much that without orders they march to Libya and into Egypt to find that city. And all we found was sand and blood." Stated O'Connell.

And without another word he approach Sophie and took all of her bags and march into the boat. Sophie gave a looked at her sister and said, "Well... Now we know he is no liar." and then looked again at O'Connell wondering what was about him that make Sophie to trust this man.

Jonathan saw the looked Sophie was giving to O'Connell and then said, "Yes, Yes you are right. filthy, rude, and a complete scoundrel. Nothing to like there at all." Sophie turned to looked at her brother any gave him a small grin, knowing he was being sarcastic.

Then the Warden showed up out of nowhere and greet his new partners.

"Bright good morning to all."

"Oh no, What are you doing here?" ask Sophie and stepping away from him as he smelled really bad.

"I am here to protect my investment! Thank you very much," answer the Warden as he walked towards the boat.

The Three siblings looked at each other, rolled their eyes, and walked toward the boat.

Nile - Night

Into night  there was three of the Medjai preparing to get inside the boat to retrieve the map and the key of Hamunaptra and kill anyone that came in their way.