20 | What We Once Were

Start from the beginning

Shiemi and Sankarea walked in, following after Satoshi.

"My parents are out of town, so make yourselves at home," Satoshi said, walking down a hallway.

Sankarea looked around the room she and Shiemi were in, and it was damn gorgeous. The Yasaki family really was rich.

Shiemi led Sankarea to the couch (which was really huge and comfy) as Satoshi entered the room again.

He sat next to Shiemi on the couch, which somehow made Sankarea a just a bit jealous.

"So, Kurosawa, where did you come from?" Satoshi asked.

"Tokyo. Shiemi forced me to move here," Sankarea answered, glaring at a smiling Shiemi.

"Why did you force her to move?" Satoshi asked, only receiving a laugh from Shiemi.

"Because, Satoshi, I wanted her to meet all of my amazing friends!" Shiemi exclaimed, hugging Satoshi.

"I am not your friend, I'm your best friend, you idiot," Satoshi said, hugging Shiemi back.

Sankarea rolled her eyes at the sight in front of her. It had seemed her long time best friend found an even better best friend. What was so special about a spoiled rich man?

"Kurosawa, do you have a job yet?" Satoshi asked as soon as Shiemi let go of him.

"No, I don't. I just moved here."

Satoshi chuckled. "Right. Well, I could give you a job."

Sankarea raised an eyebrow. Shiemi looked at the Yasaki, confused.

"What exactly are you proposing, Yasaki?"

"A job at the famous Magic Government, Kurosawa." Satoshi smirked.

Shiemi fidgeted in excitement. "Oo! The Magic Government! You have to take the job, Sanka-chan! It's going to be amazing there."

Satoshi nodded as Sankarea focused her attention on him. "I'll give you the job of a lifetime, Kurosawa."

Sankarea thought for a bit. The Magic Government was owned by the Yasaki family since Shijiro Yasaki founded it just a few years ago. It was a government that controlled all of magic, as it had many fields in it. You had to be an amazing magic user and be an amazing fighter to actually get in.

"How do you even know I'm right for the job, Yasaki?" Sanakrea asked, a bit suspicious on why Satoshi wanted Sankarea for the job.

Satoshi smiled. "You seem like an extraordinary magic user, Kurosawa. I would want you in my government."

Shiemi nodded. "She is amazing at magic, Satoshi! Sanka-chan has possession magic, as well as magic that can generate gas!"

Satoshi looked at Sankarea for confirmation. "Yes, I do have these abilities."

"Do you want the job?"

Sankarea smirked. "Let me be there for one day, and I'll see."

"It's a deal, Kurosawa."