He Never Cared

You stood on the balcony outside of your room. The cool night breeze made you shiver slightly, but you could bear it. You noticed a shadowy figure suddenly on the roof of the building across from you. You squinted your eyes, attempting to see who it was. The moon finally appeared from behind the clouds and its light shined down on the figure, barely illuminating him. You could make out dark hair and light skin. His outfit was strange to you from what you could see of the shape. He was looking right at you. Was it even a he though? The figure and hair were so feminine. Whoever it was turned around and left. Why would someone be up there?

...

You woke up in the morning to your alarm going off. You sighed, not wanting to get out of bed. It had been a while since Hughes had died, but you still couldn't believe it. You forced yourself to get up though. You got ready and left your house only to immediately bump into Ray on your front porch. You smiled at him, but he didn't smile back.

"Come with me. We need to talk." Ray said.

"What? Talk about what?" Ray ignored your question, took your hand, and led you to a wooded area. You looked at him as he dragged you to a secluded clearing. "What is this about?"

"(Y/N). I need some advice." Ray said, not really looking at you.

"What is it?" You asked.

"What does it mean when you can't get someone out of your head? And you...seem...to...care about them...?" A light blush appeared on Ray's face.

"Well I think, in your case cause of that blush," you smirked at him then smiled sweetly, "that it means you love them."

"Love them?! That's absurd!! I love no one! I care about no one!" I'm E-" he stopped when he saw your face. "...(Y/N)?"

"You don't care about anyone...?" You asked, a hint of hurt in your voice.

"Well..."

You glared at him, tears starting to fall down your heels. You yelled at him then ran off, crying. You couldn't believe it! Three years, and he didn't care! All those times together and he didn't fucking care! He said it himself!! You ran all the way back home and locked yourself in your room, sobbing into your pillow. You didn't even want to see him again! That damn liar!