"I need your help," I said, standing in front of him. "You're a gentleman, right?"

He peeked behind me at Big Bertha. "I may be a gentleman, but I'm not stupid."

Sebastian whirled toward us. "See? It's a stupid idea."

"Let her be a fucking idiot," Gmie said, narrowing her eyes. "Hopefully, Big Bertha kills both of them. Less competition for me."

I ignored her, even though my mind filled with images of me slamming her head into the wall until blood slithered out of her ears, dripping onto the floor. "I don't need you to come with me, Khan — just give me an idea."

He was smart; he had to have an idea on how to get Layla out of there safe.

"Don't give her any ideas," Sebastian said to Khan. "She's not going."

"Who the fuck do you think you are? My daddy?" I snapped, fist clenching. "I'm sorry, but I don't have that kink, okay? I'm saving Layla. End of story."

Sebastian clamped his lips shut, eyes blazing. "You are not."

"Watch me," I said, turning away from him. "Khan?"

Khan cleared his throat. "Killing Big Bertha is almost impossible at this moment."

"You're really helping her?" Sebastian said, talking to Khan.

"It's her decision," he said with a shrug before turning to me. "The best way to get Layla out would be a distraction. Distract the spider and Layla can run for the door."

That's what I was thinking, but what would be a good distraction? Throwing my shoe? Nah. I needed something big — something that would hurt. I had no weapons and Gmie was right. Only a Bazooka or higher would hurt that thing.

A sharp click hit the room, drawing my attention from my thoughts. Rucker leaned against the wall, lit cigarette between his lips. Fire!

I almost ran to him. "Can I use your lighter?"

He furrowed his brow. "Why?"

I snatched the lighter out of his outreached hand. "You'll see." Then, I began to look for something flammable. I was barely wearing anything. Same for everyone else... except Aries. He somehow always had a hoodie on.

"Can I borrow your hoodie?" I asked, tone nice and sweet.

He turned up his nose. "No way."

"I need it to save Layla."

"So? She shouldn't have fell," Aries said, turning his head. "Let her die."

"What would your alien gods say?" I said. "Wouldn't they want you to help another human?" I was reaching — really reaching, but that's all I had. I was trying to be nice. Polite.

But by his cruel face expression, I didn't think my niceness would last long, especially with my patience draining by the second.

"Fuck her. Layla's a non-believer. An xila — a," Aries started with a judgmental tone, but Tini trickled out, tired of the bullshit.

I shut him up by grabbing his arm, pulling it behind him at a weird angle while putting intense pressure on it. I didn't have time for his New Age alien crap.

"You're going to give me that goddamn hoodie or I'll break your arm," I said, putting more pressure on his bicep.

Aries howled, struggling against me. "Agfh!"

Demo stepped off the wall and charged at me, expression angry. "Get off him."

I chuckled. "What the fuck are you going to do? I don't see a gun, and you can't jump me like earlier — so what now?"