Chapter 7

The next morning Samara rushed to the hospital to congratulate her friend and colleague, Aminah, who had given birth to a beautiful baby girl. The hospital room was filled with balloons and flowers of all kinds. The new parents were totally on top of the moon.

"Assalam-u-alaikum!" Both women turned their gazes towards the door.

"Walaikum Assalam. Pink shirt Armaan? Really?"

"God woman. You just became a mom, at least try to act a little mature." Aminah snickered at his remark. "Well, you might not like it but I'm sure your daughter will. Let me go and meet her first."

Armaan looked up and saw Samara cradling the baby in her arms. It was obviously not possible to avoid each other any further. There was a certain awkwardness in between them after the previous night's incident. But they chose to be oblivious to it. Samara gently placed the baby into Armaan's arms. Her fore arms brushed against his and they made eye contact for a while. She could see hope and excitement in his eyes, but also slight nervousness. Armaan Yasir and nervousness was a combination unknown to her.

She watched him cradle the baby in his arms while smiling down at her. It was a sight to behold. A fine, handsome young man in a pink shirt, which actually suited him exceptionally well, holding a baby delicately and enjoying every bit of it.

"Where's Shehran?"

"He has gone home to fetch some of my stuff. Samara has been with me all morning." Armaan tried his best not to look towards her, making the situation a lot more uncomfortable than it already was.

"Oh! This little one has fallen asleep." Armaan carefully put her down in the crib. "And I think I too should leave now."

"Already? Wait till Shehran comes back at least. He'll be back any minute now."

"Yeah I wanted to meet him too, but I've got a really important meeting with a client. Don't worry though, I'll visit you guys when you go back home." He hugged Aminah sideways. "Give my love to the baby and you take care okay? Tell Shehran I'll give him a call. Bye." He glanced at Samara, smiling and then walked out the door.

"Ooookay," Aminah instantly turned towards Samara. "So what am I missing?".

"What? Nothing. There is.....nothing."

"Come on Sam, I could literally see the awkwardness between you two. You didn't utter a single word while Armaan was here and he too was behaving all weird. Since when did you both become strangers?" Samara inhaled deeply and sat down beside her friend.

"So last night something happened that none of us were expecting. Or at least I wasn't."

"And what would that be?"

She looked away from Aminah's curious face to hide the flush that had begun to appear on her cheeks recalling last night.

"He......proposed." Aminah's mouth fell open in surprise. She nearly jumped in excitement.

"OH MY GOD SAMARA! Congratulations! Why didn't you tell me before?"

"You were busy giving birth remember?" Aminah laughed at her own stupid question.

"What did you say? You said yes right?"

Samara shook her head, unable to figure how she'd explain her feelings to her friend.

"I didn't say anything yet. And honestly, I don't even know what to say."

"But you like him don't you? You can't deny it. I've seen the way you both look at each other. You're clearly in love."

"I do like him. In fact, I think I'm in love with him." She paused for a while, trying to gather her thoughts. "But ever since I've known Armaan, he has made his opinion on marriage very clear. He told me he doesn't think it's ever worth it. Now a man who doesn't really believe in marriage proposes me all of a sudden. For marriage. What am I supposed to think?"

Aminah placed a hand over her friend's. "People change jaana. We both know Armaan's had a rough past, which is why he was against the idea of marriage in the first place. He is not the kind of man who'd change his opinion on trivial issues. If somebody made him change his mind, then that person must mean a lot to him. Samara, I've known this guy since kindergarten. When Armaan decides on something, he puts his best foot forward to live up to it. I've seen the kind of love he has for you. He won't let you down."

"I know he won't. That bit I've never doubted. But lack of compatibility doesn't fall on any one person's shoulder. Marriage is a lifelong relationship. And I want to be fully committed to it."

"Then what's stopping you from following your heart? Look at Shehran and me. We're both completely different people, but when two people love each other they can make it work. Don't let him go Sam."

Samara got lost in her thoughts for a while and didn't say anything. Finally, she turned towards her friend, looked at her teary eyed and gave her a hug. 

--------------------------------------------

Like always, thank you for choosing to give this a read and giving my story your support. Looking forward to hearing loads of feedback from you guys! And don't forget to star it friends  :')