Chapter 9

Henry's POV

I glared at that little prick. Did he just call y/n, my girlfriend, hot?! I narrowed my eyes at him, but then realized what was holding my girlfriend. "Y/n?...h-hey! Put my girlfriend down!" I tried to sound as intimidating as possible, but it only half worked. "Bowers, what are you doing??" Trashmouth whispered.

Before I could answer the clown dropped y/n and just stared at us. It started laughing maniacally. It slowly was morphing into something. As I continued to stare it was turning into...my dad? "C'mere boy so I can whoop your ass!" I felt all the blood drain out of my face. I felt my muscles tense up. "C'mon boy. Don't make me say it again! C'mere.." It growled. I felt tears forming in my eyes. I heard y/n's voice speak loud and clear.

You can't let him get in your head Henry! You have to learn to face your fears! You can't live in fear!

I looked at each of the losers. "On my count." I whispered. "Hey-" Richie tried interrupting. "Just go with it trashmouth, y/n's life is on the line!" I spat. He glared at me, but said nothing.

"Okay..3....2....1....GO!" We all ran for the creature, weapons in hand. As they distracted the beast, I went straight for y/n. She was laying in a ball, staring blankly into nothing. I touched her and she tensed up immediately. "Shhh. It's okay baby. It's me, Henry." She turned around quickly and hugged me tightly. She was shaking like a leaf. She started sobbing into my chest, I was comforting her the best I could.

"I-Is Bev o-ok-kay-y?" She asked in between sobs. Shit. I turn around to see the losers finishing off the monster. The had it cornered in a hole. I picked y/n up and held her closely. It looked like it was over, so I started walking towards them. I noticed Beverly just floating mid-air. They all got her down and eventually got her to wake up.

It's finally over.

"I think I-I'm okay to walk. Put me down." Y/n said quietly. I set her down gently. "Are you okay?" I looked at her, shock was all over her face. "Y-Yeah. I just wanna see my mom." I looked at her concerned. "Okay. I will have Belch take you, with my company obviously." She smiled slightly. "Thank you, Henry." She pecked my lips and intertwined our fingers together.

"You wanna know something y/n?" She looked at me. "Hmm?" I smiled. "You're the only girl in the world that can make my heart melt like a popsicle on the 4th of July." She smiled as blush spread across her face. "And you wanna know something else babygirl?" Her smile grew. "Hm?" I tightened my grip on her hand and my smile grew wider as well.

I love you.

She paused, but smiled even wider.

"I love you too, Henry.

A/n: Hey my baby angels! I know this chapter is short, but its been chaotic lately, so ive been trying my best. Btw, thank you for getting me to 1k reads! I know it's not a lot, but it's a lot to me. I love y'all sm. 😘
Side note: This book is NOT FINISHED! I just like ending on cliffhangers. It keeps y'all intetested. 😉