| | F O U R | |

" 私が対処するのが最も難しいのは、私が一人で何らかの理由で私の部屋があなたなしで絶えず凍っているということです。"

-------------

It's just a room, his room never changes, it always stays the same. Nothing has been removed or added, it's always been the same.

So why the sudden temperature drop?

Why am I so cold and lonely? Why can't I fall asleep without thinking about you at least once?

Why do I keep avoiding you when all I really want to do is hold you?

I miss your hoodie.

It smelled just like you.

You smell like Tokyo.

----------

Brennen is careful to avoid Colby at the party, which isn't as hard as he thought since the boy stayed in one spot the whole time it seemed. He sat in a corner, clutching a red solo cup as he watched the crowd around him as it danced. The sight tugged at his heartstrings, the boy looked so sad, but Brennen turned himself away, fading into the crowd.

He smiled for cameras and friends who came up and greeted him, posting him on Snapchat as he danced with them before losing them in the crowd. There were no neon lights.

Outside is where he found himself heading to after an hour, craving fresh air after the guilt of avoiding Colby threatened to suffocate him. There were splashes as people drunkenly jumped into the pool. Bouts of laughter followed each one, then screams as cups were thrust into the air as a toast was made by the person in the pool. Brennen's head hurt, he took another sip of his drink, trying to drink away his guilt.

Elton caught his eye, making his way through the swaying crowd as he tried to get to Brennen. "Glad you could make it dude, having fun?" He asks with a smile. Brennen nods as he takes another sip, his eyes trying to look natural as they avoid Elton's.

"I'm having a lot of fun, this party is great, Elton, thanks for inviting me." He smiled, wanting to avoid the topic of Colby, which was clearly the only thing on his friend's mind.

"You should talk to him, he misses you." Elton sighs, running a hand through his faded rainbow hair. Brennen doesn't answer him, moving his gaze to the floor until Elton sighs and walks away. Guilt gnaws at his insides.

Brennen walks back into the house, making his way back to the corner where he had seen Colby. To his dismay, he is no longer there. He is reminded of the way the younger had ignored his text the other day, inviting him to hang out. It's clear that Colby doesn't want to talk to him.

Despite the two jackets he wore, Brennen felt cold in a room filled to the brim with body heat. A part of him felt lonely while the rest of him felt like an empty glass in a room filled with full ones. He remembered Tokyo, and how Colby had lent him his hoodie when he had gotten cold. Brennen missed his hoodie, it made him feel wanted and warm. The hoodie, which was a plain black one that had an embroidered cat face on the top right of the chest, smelled like Tokyo.

Tokyo smelled like Colby.