Welcome Home

As I walked through the breach with Ronnie, Jessica, and Edna, I admit it was a bit strange coming back to Earth-2. As far as these people knew, Ronnie and I were dead. No one was around when we entered our Central City. I almost started going back to my old ways, but then I stopped myself. Could it have been caitlin again? No, this time it was me. Maybe Ruby was right about her, maybe she wasn't as bad as I believed. We walked around Central City as we looked around for everyone. "Where is everybody?" Edna asked. I shrugged and continued looking around. I eventually saw a boy walking around, seeming to also be looking for someone. I walked over to him, feeling something odd. "Killer Frost, glad we could meet." The boy said. I was stunned that the boy knew me with how long I was gone. I put my hand behind me and created an icicle, just in case. The boy smiled at me. "Don't even try it Frost." He said to me. I immediately swung the icicle at his chest, expecting to hit him. Instead, he caught the icicle and his eyes began glowing. At the same time, his hand began burning as it melted the icicle. "The name's Nate." He said to me. "But you can call me the Elemental Ray." Edna went to shoot ice at him but Nate created a flame that flew at her. Nate used some type of wind to knock us back. "If it were up to me, I'd be killing you here." He said to us. "But my boss has been waiting a long time for you Frost." Just then, a girl in a purple and black outfit flew through the sky and straight towards Nate. The girl flew down and grabbed him, throwing him towards a wall. "Well your boss is gonna have to wait." The girl said. "Well if it isn't Redlight." Nate said. "Still playing the protector I see." Redlight rolled her eyes at Nate. Nate created a giant boulder in his hand and threw it at Redlight, who then shattered it with a single punch. "Let's not be dumb Nate." She said to him as she walked towards him. "You know what I'm capable of." Nate smirked and put his hand behind him, creating a green crystal. He threw it at her and she grabbed it mid-air. "Not a Kryptonian Nate." She said crushing the Kryptonite. She then suddenly disappeared, as if she was never there. Suddenly, Nate began to float in the air looking panicked. "Now for the last time." I heard Redlight's voice say. "Cut it out." She suddenly appeared and threw Nate into a building. the building began to collapse and Nate quickly turned his form into stone for protection. After the damage was over, Nate returned to human form and summoned a wind to carry him off. "Til next time Redlight." He said as he flew off. Redlight shook her head and turned towards us, seeming stunned. She looked like she had seen a ghost. Redlight realized what she what she was doing and shook it off. "Sorry, it's just that..." She began to say until she looked at me again. "Nevermind, it's nothing." She began to walk off until I walked over to her. "So it's Redlight?" I asked her. "What's with the purple then?" Redlight laughed and shrugged. "The name's Bryn by the way." She said. "And don't worry about Nate, he's just taking orders from the new guy who took over after Zoom left." Apparently this new guy was actually a pretty tough kid, a rookie even. "Nate said that this guy is expecting me." I said. "Have you ever met him?" Bryn shook her head but had heard stuff about him. He was apparently a teenager who has the same abilities as me, and goes by Frost Assassin. Frost Assassin had been looking for me specifically, but nobody knew why. "And here's the weird thing." Bryn said. "He has no dark matter in his system. His power is genetic." This didn't make any sense considering that Metahumans only became created four years ago. How could Frost Assassin already have had his power? "Well, I guess it's Frost against Frost now." I told the group. "Whenever he strikes again, we'll be ready." The group nodded in agreement as we walked around Central City. Later that night, my mother was working in her lab on night shift. She was organizing her files when she heard a knock on the door. She turned to see a boy with a hat and sunglasses to cover his face. "Hello Dr. Tannhauser." The boy said seeming cheerful. My mother looked at the boy. "I'm sorry, did you have an appointment." She asked him. "I'm afraid I'm about to leave for the night." The boy nodded and walked towards the door. My mother turned around and heard the door close. She tuned to see the door closed but the boy still there. She a white fog appear over the boy's hand, freezing the door shut. "I'm not a patient Dr. Tannhauser." He said as he turned towards her. My mother ran towards a phone and went to grab it. The boy blasted ice at it, destroying it on strike. "Why're you doing this?" My mother asked the boy. The boy took off his hat and sunglasses, revealing white hair and silver eyes. "No, it can't be." My mother said. The boy looked angered and kept walking towards her as she tried to find a way out. "Ah, now you remember." He said blasting an icicle into her leg. My mother fell to the ground in pain. "I'm sorry, please don't hurt me." She pleaded. The boy knelt down beside her. "Of course not." He said. "Because my name is Frost Assassin, not something that just hurts you." My mother shook her head at him. "That's not your name." She said to him. "Your name is..." She was unable to finish when Frost Assassin shoved an icicle through her side. "There's something you didn't realize when ordering me to be killed." He said. "When you do kill someone, make sure that the job is actually done." He said as the ice spread until it completely turned her into a statue. Frost Assassin put on his hat and sunglasses and left the room, walking out of the building without anyone noticing. "Alright Caitlin." He said to himself. "That should get your attention."