"Tea would be great, thank you." Blue responded with a smile on her face as she took a seat and looked around the room.

"I'll go put the kettle on," Ian said slowly looking back and forth between the two, clearly not sure if it was safe and if the other woman could be trusted.

"So you are a bird." Rory said shifting awkwardly in his seat.

"And you're a fox." Blue smiled.

"Aurora?" Kole called hurriedly, his heavy foot steps making his way through the house, the door slamming behind him.

"In the living room." She called out.

"Who are you?" Kole demanded coming to a stop in front of the duo, the silver in his eyes showing that his wolf was controlling most of his mind.

"Blue Amour, I am from the council." Blue wasn't spooked by the agitated Alpha standing in front of her, she had came face to face with many beasts scarier than the wolf before her, so it would take a lot more to rattle her.

"What council?" Kole demanded his eyes narrowing.

"Alright, here is the tea." Ian came back into the room, four coffee cups in his hand and started to pour the tea.

"The council of the Old Kingdom. I was telling Aurora that they had sent me to look for her; especially after Edna sent us a letter about your previous pack." Blue explained pausing as Kole let out a growl from the mention from her old treatment. "They were especially curious to find out why you were in a pack of wolves?"

"I don't know, I've just aways been there." Rory shrugged not sure what the correct answer was. She felt Kole wrap an arm around her in comfort.

"What about your parents?"

"I don't know who they are." Rory shifted uncomfortably. Her parents used to be a touchy topic but when she was younger she had just came to accept that they weren't going to come to her rescue, so there was no point in thinking of them. Having Blue mention them and the whole situation of the Council and Old Kingdom, Rory began to grow uneasy. If Blue was really apart of the Old Kingdom, she may know of her parents. It was at that thought that Rory took Kole's hand needing his comfort.

"I know this is hard for you Aurora, and nothing has to be decided right now, but we may be able to find your parents." Blue said softly seeing that this was an uncomfortable topic.

"How?" Kole asked not wanting the woman to be spreading false hope if this was something that his mate wanted to pursue.

"The Council keeps journals and records for all families of the Kingdom. They also have the collections of previous families that have gone extinct." Blue explained.

"I don't know what to say." Rory frowned as she took in all the new information.

"It's a lot to take in, and you don't have to decide right now. I need to let the Council know that I found you but I can stick around for a little, incase you have any questions."

"Thank you," Rory nodded.

"Well I will leave you guys to talk." Blue said before making her way out of the home, leaving the remaining three to talk.

"That's so weird." Ian spoke as he watched Blue leave the porch and transform back into the blue jay. Ian moved away from the window and turned back to his Luna.

"What are you thinking?" Kole asked brushing some of her hair away from her eyes, searching them for the truth.

"I don't know." She shrugged, "I used to wonder who my family was, and why I was the only fox in a pack of wolves, but I moved on from wondering who my parents are and what happened to make them leave me."

"I don't know the situation, but there is no way that they would leave you on purpose. No way." Kole said.

"I don't know what to think, I just need to process it a little more." Rory said, before getting up and making her way to the kitchen. She needed to think about this, but more than anything she just wanted a distraction.

Kole watched as she walked around the kitchen pulling out all the ingredients she needed to make brownies. He watched in silent as she worked, before finally breaking out of his own thoughts.

"Are you ok?" He questioned walking behind her, wrapping his arms around her and leaning over her shoulder to see what she was doing.

"Yeah, I just need to think." She nodded relishing his closeness.

"Well there is no rush, it seemed like she was really willing to stick around. So just think about it and then decide." Kole said before letting the topic drop. He was sure she would come around if she wanted to talk about it with him.

Rory was lost in thought as she continued to make brownies, she was on her fourth batch but wasn't too worried about them going to waste once the pack found out about them.  Hearing footsteps coming in her direction she glanced up and smiled at Ian as he walked in and sat at the island.

"Smells delish in here." He spoke with a smile, taking a long sniff of the air.

"Good you're just in time. I need someone to taste a brownie, or two."

"I think I can handle the task." Ian happily took the plate she passed over.

"So... do you think your going to talk to the bird lady?" He asked breaking the silence, glancing up at her with a worried frown all while munching on the brownies.

"I don't know. It would be nice to have answers but I don't know if I'm ready for those answers." Rory poured the last of the batter into the pan and put it in the oven before looking at the young boy in front of her.

"I don't want you to worry about this though." She said moving over to hug him, knowing exactly where his mind was going. "Now, don't you have some duties to attend to?"

"Yeah, I do." Ian frowned before slowly pulling his body out of the chair.

Rory smiled as she watched him go, before busying herself with housework. No matter how long they had lived in the house, Rory still found it hard to believe that Kole put all this work into making her a home. She couldn't begin to measure how much she loved her mate.