Chapter 12

Beca woke up without Chloe next to her. She had already left for work and brought Jenny to kindergarten.

Beca got up and went to the kitchen to make herself something to eat. She took the paper with her song with her.

She sat at the small table re-reading the words of the song. It was good. The melody that she had recorded in her phone was now being played all over again.

Beca started writing and singing. Everything was already there.

She wrote the last letter on the paper and put down the pen. She re-read the text.

It was a clear image of her life.

Dramatic music at the begining. Then a small spark of happy. The happy years with Chloe and the Bellas. Then a long, sad and boring part. The years Beca spent in a coma. And the song ended happy. Because Beca was with Chloe again. Happy.

She liked this way of writing. It was unique. Beca got her old mixing set out. She started with a few beats and even put some piano in it.

By the time Chloe was back everything was ready.

Chloe walked into the apartment holding Jenny in her hands.

"Hey, Becs!" She said kissing Beca.

"Hey." Beca said, "We have nothing to eat!"

"How exactly don't we have anything to eat?" Chloe said frustrated, "You were home for the whole day while I was working. You really couldn't get us something to eat?"

"I was working too!" Beca told Chloe walking into the kitchen, "And I can order pizza for us."

"Yay, pizza!" Jenny screamed and ran into the kitchen with Beca.

Chloe sent Jenny to her room to Change because all of her clothes were covered in mud. She say at the table across Beca.

"What were you doing?" She asked looking into Beca's eyes.

"I wrote a song." Beca said, "It just came into my head. I had to write it."

"Okay, and how much did you write?" Chloe asked while Beca called to order them pizza.

"It's ready!" Beca said when she had finished talking, "Maybe a few finishing touches. I have a recording of me singing it. I can let you listen. But you'll have to sing."

"I understand that." Chloe said taking Jenny in her lap, "Can Jenny hear it too?"

"Yeah, I'll bring my laptop." Beca said running out of the kitchen.

She sat back down and played the song. Chloe tried to catch every word, every sentence of it.

"You like it?" Beca asked when the last beat of the song was slowly fading away.

"I do, Becs, really. Just I don't know how this style will work for other people. You know, I am worried that no one will want to listen to your songs." Chloe said replaying the song again.

"Yeah, you're right. I should do something different." Beca sighed looking down at her laptop.

"No try to post it somewhere," Chloe said trying to reassure Beca, "You don't know what will happen."

"Yes, mommy!" Jenny said, "You have to put it on the place where we listen to other songs!"

"She means YouTube." Chloe said smiling.

The pizza arrived at their house and Beca went to pick it up. Jenny was over the top excited because Chloe orders them pizza only on special occasions. Chloe knew that this was a special occasion for her and Beca. They were finally back together.