Curse Uplifting

I could feel a whimper climbing up my throat, but I could not under any circumstances, do anything. Or I'd be shredded. The creatures face soon came to face me front on, something sharp lightly grazed my cheek as it stared at me. Even with my eyes closed, I could feel it's savage orbs blazing at me. I could feel my entire body shaking. For some reason, I was curious to gaze upon the creature, but at the same time, I dared not to even glimpse.

It suddenly sniffed, making low rumbling noises before it slowly moved away. Finally, it's low thumbs became more distant and it's terrifying cry echoed far away. I still didn't want to open my eyes, or even move at that. My body wouldn't allow it. I felt my phone buzz, but I ignored it. I felt it buzz again, and this time I built my courage to glimpse at the message.

'You're clear. You can open your eyes now.'

'Y/N, it's fine!'

'Okay... Where do I go from here?'

'You need to get inside the Shack. There's a tire iron beside you. Pick it up and pry open the door with it.'

I noticed the tire iron leaning against the wall. I grabbed it and hoisted myself up. Marching towards the door.

'This won't attract it's attention?'

'If you're quick about it.'

I put my phone on my pocket and gripped the tire iron with two hands before swinging it and smashing it onto the door handle. The handle was dented but still locked. I tried again, this time with more force. The handle suddenly fell on an angle but I knew I couldn't pull it off, if have to smash it once more. With a final blow I obliterated the handle, sending it crashing onto the ground. I sighed in relief as I barged through it, shutting it behind me just as quickly.

I noticed a heavy drawer on the far side of the shack, without hesitation I skidded towards it and pushed it up against the door, leaving me at last, in safety.

Finally, I could search the place. Almost immediately after my quick recovery, I noticed a desk to the right of me, covered in documents, papers and books. It also bared a computer that showed static on the screen.

'Are you telling me one of the pages are hidden in this place?'

'Of course.'

I groaned. With all the other papers this would be impossible. I just had to keep an eye out for messy writing.

Time Skip

After hours of shuffling through papers, I thought I'd never find the page. But at last, I'd uncovered it. I looked at the page and read it in my mind.

PAGE 3 - HAlFwAy ShE HaD CoME, AnD yEt SHe StiLL FeLt lIKe sHE hAd SO MuCH tO Do. oNlY ThRee PeIcEs ReMaINeD AnD Yet StILL, THe CrEAtuRe LiNgeRed, aImLessLy...BLindLy afTer IT's RuNNinG MoRsEL!

I slight frost tingled in my stomach after reading that page. It had given me a hint, about the creature! If I wasn't mistaken, it was apparent that the creature is indeed blind.

I quickly folded up the page and put it with the others. It was time to move on. I moved the drawer away from the door and quietly crept out. Making sure nothing stirred nearby. Good. With all my adrenaline, I sprinted through the forest running as quickly as I could to another area. I felt my phone buzz and I checked it whilst I ran.

'There! To your left!'

I turned my head sharply and noticed a page pinned to a tree trunk. I had no time to waste. I tore it off the trunk as I sprinted past and folded it into my pocket.