19

Alex had an idea. In an effort to cheer the office up, he had an emergency meeting with all the employees on their floor.

22 people piled into the office room to see John and Alex in suits, standing in front of a whiteboard. Almost all of the employees were there, including, Heather, Alana, Evan, Eliza, Hercules, Lafayette, John Jay, Elphaba, Persephone, Jenna, and, for some reason, Ari. Only a few employees were missing.

"Alright, now, you're probably wondering why you're here," Everyone muttered in agreement except Ari, who just smirked. "Well, we are going to play a prank on the office." Alex smirked.

The next day, Ari walked inside the office at exactly 6:36 a.m with Heather. The two snuck into John Adams' office and moved every thing to the side, leaving a giant ceramic pig in the center of the room.

While the released with John's office, Elphaba put a timer on the lights and Jenna messed with the office phones.

At 12:00, John Adams shrieked and walked to the employees with confusion on his face. "What happened to my office?" John questioned. Alex almost snickered, but no one blew their cover. Then, the lights went out and the phones started beeping. The whole office piled into the third floor office building, and the ones participating were doing a very good job of acting confused as well.

"Who did this?" Adams asked. Ari shrugged.

"Beats me,"

"What the hell, why is there a toddler in here?"

"I'm 14!"

"Shut up, toddler!" Ari scoffed. "Rude," She muttered.

"Who did this?" Adams asked again. Alana raised her hand.

"I did, sir," She said. Elphaba put her hand down.

"It's not her, it's me!" Eliza spoke up.

"I did it! I'm not sorry,"

"I did the prank. There's nothing I can say, words fail."

"There was also a spy on the inside, that's right, me!"

"Give it up for America's greatest prankster!"

"My name is Alexander Hamilton, and there's a million pranks I haven't set, but just you wait!" All the participants recited their own versions of the confession, confusing Adams more and more as they went along.

"Alright, alright, enough!" Adams shouted. "I will let you all continue with your work and not get in trouble if you stop doing that." Adams said, not waiting for a reply before he walked away. The group burst into laughter.

"I can't believe that just happened!" John wheezed, still laughing. All the group could do was laugh in response.

Kinda weird ending, but this was fun to write nonetheless. Try to get all the references and lines. (Persephone is from Hadestown btw)