Three

Lucy stared at Morea in shock.

"You want me to just walk?" The young wizard asked.

"Yes, you need to learn how to be confident, little one. You can tell by a person's stance and how they walk, about what they think of themselves, as well as their characteristic. If you walk with a hunched back, or you constantly fidget, or look at the ground, it suggests that you are weak and afraid. But if you stand tall and stare ahead, it makes you look powerful. Your first lesson is to walk until you are confident. Now, like I said, walk from one end of the clearing to the other," the nymph said before taking a seat on the forest floor.

"For how long?"

"Until you look and feel confident, that might take minutes, days, or even weeks. I will not teach you anything unless you are confident."

That was how the week went, all Lucy did was walk. Morea always had a comment about how Lucy walked, either criticising the angle of her head, or even the lengths of her step. Lucy had to be perfectly confident, anything less was not good enough for the nymph.

"Today, you will no longer walk, you've gained confidence in your stance. Now it's time for you to gain confidence in your skills," the nymph said, "now tell me, what is your talent?"

"I don't know," Lucy said confused, "I love learning about many things, but to choose just one is very hard."

"I talked to Firenze, he said you are a very talented clairvoyant," the nymph stated, "perhaps your other sixth senses are good as well."

"I'm not sure, I've dabbled a bit in clairsentience, as I'm able to sense someone's aura," Lucy explained, "but I'm not very skilled."

"Right, I want you to sit down and close your eyes," Morea said and Lucy listened, "I understand from Firenze that he made you meditate so that you would be able to understand nature better, and heighten your senses. I want you to use the skills you learned but further develop them. The ability of clairsentience is not just to sense the aura of the living, but also of the dead. The Forbidden Forest is very old, and as a result the dead roam around this land. I want you to be able to feel them, their emotions. I will be here to guide and protect you," Morea explained.

It took Lucy months before she was able to manifest her abilities to allow her to sense spirits, as well as further sharpen her skills in sensing the aura and presence of the living. It was a very tiring task, especially for a young wizard.

-------------------------------------

Snape stared at the girl with raised eyebrows.

"What was Dumbeldore thinking! Hiring that-that baboon! I am more qualified to be a teacher than that Lockhart person. And I don't even have any formal qualifications!" Lucy ranted, she heard from Draco that the new 'Defence Against The Dark Arts' teacher was Gilderoy Lockhart, the only thing that he should be teaching is how to be an arrogant arse.

"He set free Cornish Pixies, and he couldn't even stop them," Snape said with an eye roll. The two were currently in Lucy's potions lab, and he just taught her to brew 'Draught of Living Death', and of course the girl produced a perfect potion. It greatly impressed Snape, and in truth his highlight of the week was teaching the young Malfoy, as it seems that only she had the capability and intelligence of being a proper student.

"Merlin! Where does Dumbeldore find these teachers," Lucy said as she shook her head, remembering what happened with the teacher last year.

"Anyway, I made lemon cake for you," Lucy said as she handed Snape the small basket containing the treat.