Chapter 3

I opened my eyes only to realize that I was in my room, all dressed up in my favorite Disney night gown.

How did I end up here?

I can't remember a thing that happened before I got here. All I know is that I told Simon everything I've felt then ran away from his office as far as possible. After that, I know I bumped into someone and then here I am.

I tried my best to remember the rest of what happened when Karl came barging in inside my room, carrying a tray full of food.

"Glad you're awake little sister," He said before placing infront of me. "Here, eat your breakfast."

Before he could leave my room, I called out for him.

"Yes?"

"Karl, erm, how did I end up here?"

He shot me a confused look then smiled afterwards. Okay, that's weird.

"You can't remember anything that happened?" I shook my head. "Well, I have no idea as well but someone just called me yesterday, telling me that they brought you here."

"That's it?"

"Yeah, that's all I know." He said and tried his best to hide the smirk showing on his face but I shrugged it.

Karl started to walk towards the door when he told me that he'll be taking me to my shoot this noon. I looked at the time and saw that it was almost noon. So I quickly changed my clothes and ate my breakfast.

Once I'm done, I made my way downstairs then me and my brother drove off to the venue of my shoot.

-

Karl was also the one who picked me up after my shoot. He's leaning on the glass door at the entrance of this building, busy with his phone. I slowly walked towards him.

"Hey Karl," He looked up from his phone to smile at me. "What're you doing here? Where's Harry?"

He took the bags I was holding before walking me to his car.

"There have been some changes back at their agency." He said while starting the car. "Simon will explain everything to you tomorrow."

I frowned. When will they realize that I don't want him to handle things for me? I can't trust him.

Not now, not ever.

"If you don't trust him, trust me instead." Karl said.

Wait, am I thinking out loud? Or did my brother have the ability to read people's minds?

"You're not thinking out loud," He said. "But by the look on your face, I can tell what you're thinking." Then he started laughing.

When we arrived at our house, before I could even exit the vehicle, he spoke again.

"I know its hard for you to trust him again but he's changed. Believe it or not, he did." I scoffed. A person like Simon Cowell doesn't change. No matter what happens, he'd still be the most selfish person I know.

"Listen to his reasons, Jade, he's trying to be a better Dad to us."

"He doesn't even need to try, he won't be any better. He's the worst." I muttered but Karl heard me because he slapped my arm.

"Jade, even if he's cruel, like you think he is, he's still our stepfather and you have to respect him. He's doing everything he can to be better." I rolled my eyes, he doesn't deserve any respect after what he did to Mom.

Karl took my hand. "Just please, listen. Do it for Mom." And then gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

All throughout that night, I kept thinking about everything that Karl has said. How he talked to about Simon earlier made me think of giving him a second chance.