21

Shawn

"Where is she?"

Kelly looked away from her phone and quickly stood when she saw me. Shawn– damn, that was fast. I sent you that message ten minutes ago. She frowned a little before shaking her head. She's in room 444. There's a nurse talking to her right now, and a police officer. Just give them a few minutes and I'll take you back there.

"What? Nah, fuck that. Let me see her right now." I said shaking my head. I started walking past Kelly but stopped when I felt her grab my arm. "Kelly, I'm not playing. Let me go. I need to see my baby. She needs me, aight?"

I felt the tears in my throat but was quick to push that shit down. I wasn't gonna break right now.

Shawn, stop. Please just wait. If you go in there and cause a scene, it'll only upset Beyoncé more. Kelly pleaded. I promise you it'll only be a few more minutes and then you can see her. Just let them finish doing what they need to do in order to have Beyoncé taken care of, and Jermaine arrested.

Jermaine. The sound of that nigga's name instantly had me seeing red.

I removed myself from Kelly's grip and sighed deeply, burying my head in my hands. It was moments like this that I was actually grateful I couldn't hear. I needed complete silence to get my head straight. I could feel Kelly tapping my shoulder and I gently shrugged her off. I was hoping she'd understand that I needed a minute to myself without having to say it.

The only thing I wanted to do more than be with Beyoncé right now was to kill Jermaine. I wanted him dead. But first I wanted his ass to suffer the way he made my girl suffer a few hours ago. I wanted him to experience the same horrific trauma he put Beyoncé through. Obviously nobody is about to rape this nigga, because as sick as he is, I don't wish that shit upon anybody. But I still want him to experience something just as traumatic. To make him cry and scream until he physically couldn't anymore. He deserved something that was way fucking worse than death, and I was gonna make sure he got it.

But I'd worry about him later. Ty Ty and Puff got to him before the police could, and they were holding him at a warehouse on the outskirts of Harlem. I meant what I said; that nigga is gonna wish he was dead once he sees me.

I broke myself out of my daze and lifted my head from my hands after feeling Kelly continuously poking my shoulder. She looked relieved that I was finally paying attention to her.

You okay? She asked slowly. She looked worried, and I didn't blame her. Sometimes I zone out.... but it's just for me to get myself straight before I do something I'd regret.

"I'm okay." I nodded. Was I really? Fuck no. I didn't know how Beyoncé was doing, how she was feeling, or how she was gonna react once she saw me. Fuck no, I wasn't okay. But I was gonna keep my shit together and act like it for the time being.

Kelly rubbed my shoulder sympathetically. She's going to be okay, Shawn. Eventually. We just have to be here for her right now and help her anyway we can. Her family is still coming to visit– she had me call them and briefly explain the situation, so she'll have all the love and support she needs. They're actually coming a few days early, so they'll be here the day after tomorrow.

"Aight, good." I said nodding slowly. Yeah I was still stressing over meeting Bey's parents, but she needed them right now so I'd have to get the fuck over it. I don't care what it is, whatever my baby needs imma make sure she has it.