"bex! you know what you and jack remind me of?" claire asks me across the table at breakfast. where jack and i have been acting like weirdos all morning, i chuckle.

"i have no idea, what do we remind you of?" i ask back.

"troy and gabriella!" she says squealing. myself i thought she was going to say teletubbies or some shit like that, but no she has to say the most romantic on screen couple ever. i felt my face heating up, realizing it's so must easier to hide my feelings for him over text. i glance at jack who has a puzzled expression placed on his face.

"jack, do you not know who they are?" i asked.

"no..?" he asks mildly confused. claire and i flip high school musical was my childhood, we drag jack to the couch and click on netflix. i gather blankets and snacks as claire gets it set up, i arrive at my seat and click play.

- 8 hours later -

"WHAT ABOUT US? WHAT ABOUT EVERYTHING WE'VE BEEN THROUGH?" jack belts.

"wHaT aBoUt tRuSt?!" i scream.

"yOu kNoW i nEvEr wAnTeD to hUrT yOu!" jack sings and points to me.

"wHaT aBoUt mE!?" i belt.

"wHaT aM i sUpPoSeD tO dO?!?!" jack sings almost as perfect as troy.

"whaT THE HELL?" august screams.

the sudden noise causes my body to drop from the ottoman onto the floor, before making impact jack grabs my hand and pulls me back up. looking up i exaim his face light freckles peppered against his cheeks and nose, hazel eyes bright with streaks of amber, and those damn cur- my thoughts interrupted by august and jonah cooing at me and jack, i send them both a you better shut the fuck up glare. "whats the ship name for you two, back eW. what ab-" august says.

"JEXLEY!!" jonah squeals who is soon joined by august. face palming myself i look up to jack again seeing a slight blush joining his freckles, i send him a slight smile earning a huge grin that instantly warmed me up inside and out. it's going to be a long day...