Chapter 10

“Ouch” I bit my lip as Lysander cleaned the cut on my foot. I didn’t really know Lysander but from what I could gather from the hours I spent with him was the one who didn’t want to settle even if he found a mate.

“Would you hold still?” His tone was firm yet comforting; his large hand was circled around my small ankle. I was dressed in a baggy old t-shirt and Jessica’s shorts

“Is Chrysanthos going to be okay?” I knew that I was in no place asking but I was worried about him.

“The guy almost ate you and you’re asking if he’s okay?” Lysander raised a perfect eyebrow at me but sighed after he noticed the pained expression on my face, he let out a sigh and placed the cotton ball back into the bowl full of my blood “he’s going to be” The answer didn’t satisfy me at all. Flashes of what happened earlier flashed through my mind and I blushed. A deafening yell pierced my ears and my body froze.

 “Everything was going fine and then-” I shook my head hoping to shake off the image of the large beast that stood before me hours earlier. The way he touched me made my body feel like it was on fire. I had never felt so intimate and in touch with someone before not even with Russell- He had a tendency of treating my body like an object to his disposal. I knew that Ambrosia was still in me just hidden away. I still didn’t want her to die but the Lioness in me seemed to be keen on killing her off and I can’t do anything to protect her but shield her way with some herbs.

“He has marked you” Lysander’s eyes didn’t meet mine. I shifted my gaze towered my now covered hip

“I know he regrets marking me” My tone was anything but happy

“I’m sure he doesn’t” Lysander tried to reassure me but after he pulled out of me I knew he would push me away “I noticed clothes sprawled on the floor, you wanna explain what you guys were up to” I quickly looked away blushing. After the scream the door shot open and Zotikos managed to stop him from attacking me. Lysander walked in after him and covered me in a shirt before carrying me out.

“We were just talking”

“Naked?” His eyebrow was raised, his eyes dancing with amusement. I looked around for something to distract me but his gaze was so penetrating.

“Can we change the subject?” I lowly mumbled, sinking lower in my seat. His deep laughter filled the bathroom and I cowered away.

“You’re so cute” he pinched my cheek and I smacked his hand away.  A loud deep excruciating scream filled our ears and we both stood in silence. I couldn’t take it anymore.

I gasped wanting to get off the counter and go to my mate but Lysander held my ankle firmly

“Please?” I begged wanting to be next to him. The lioness in me was whimpering also wanting to be close to her mate.

“What are they doing to him?” I asked warily

“The witch is forcing him to shift back”

“Forcing?” My eyebrows were furrowed t the term he used loosely

“We have a witch who caters to our needs if we need her” he answered “A family friend. She’s forcing his lion spirit back into hiding.” My body became cold; forcing back a spirit especially with witchcraft could be dangerous.

“Oh God” I mumbled and pulled my leg out of his grasp “Make her stop”

“What?” Lysander looked confused at my request “she needs to Nora”

“She’s hurting him” I snapped “How many times has this happened?”

“A few occasions” I could tell he was hiding information from me. His answers were clipped

“I need to go to him”

“Whoa there little lady” he lifted me by my waist and set me back on the chair, I squirmed around but his grip was far too strong “It’s too dangerous in there besides Chrysanthos will have my head if I let you go” My main goal was to go to Chrysanthos

“Please?” I tried begging as more screams filled my ears “He needs me” Lysander looked conflicted

“I swear if I die, I’m coming to haunt your ass” Without any hesitation I ran out of the bathroom, following the sounds of the screams until I eventually found myself in a very large room. Chrysanthos was strapped to a bed, completely nude

“Zafra, varada” The petite witch chanted, her hands were raised and her eyes closed.  Zotikos stood in the far corner with a pained expression on his face, Jessica rubbed his back soothingly. Chrysanthos let out another shout and lifted half his body off the bed, grunting in pain. His veins were showing in his arms as he tugged on the restraints helplessly

“Please stop” my voice came out shaky as I watched him cough up blood “Please”

The witch stopped and glared at me harshly for disturbing her “Whose this?” she spat and looked at me with so much distaste

“I’m his mate”

“Nora, it’s not safe” Zotikos explained “he needs this” he pressed with a silent Jessica

“No” I hissed “He needs his mate close by to calm him down. Not to be tortured back into hiding” my eyes softened up and Zotikos is eyes became hard and angry

“Calm down” Jessica soothed him and then turned to me “She knows what she’s doing”

“Nora, leave” Chrysanthos gruffly rasped out “Now”

“Will you stop doing that?” His lips formed a straight line and he breathed out slowly

My voice was hard and traces of hurt were very evident “Please stop this now” Zotikos sighed and nodded his head. The witch was far from happy but still left with Jessica and a very reluctant Zotikos.

As soon as the door closed I walked over and locked it, they were very heavy and required great force to open. I silently walked to his bedside and stared at him. I could tell that Chrysanthos hated showing weakness.

I slowly started to take off the shorts I was wearing and his head snapped towards me. He watched me slowly; the shorts pooled around my feet

“What are you doing” He asked me as I started to remove the baggy t-shirt. I stood bare and started walking towards his tied ankles, my foot still stung but if I showed him I was hurt he would make me leave. I slowly touched the chains and they fell to dust. I climbed on top of the bed and crawled towards his large body. His eyes were still focused on my own, watching my every move. When I reached his arms I slowly kissed my way up until I reached his bruised wrists. They were purple and raw with bruises from the struggling “Oh Chrysanthos” my voice was weak. I was weak hearted.

His eyes were becoming that golden colour I loved and my insides twisted. I freed his wrists and kissed his face gently, placing a hand lightly on his bare chest. A low growl vibrated through my fingers and in seconds I was under him.

“I’m so sorry” he rasped against my skin, rubbing his face in my neck and hair, a growl of approval leaving his lips. His hands moved to my hip and he grazed the tender skin “It wasn’t supposed to happen that way” he continued and that sadness was returning “I’m sorry” he kissed my neck, cheeks, breast, stomach, thigh and foot, murmuring apologies. I growled, enjoying my mate’s affection. This was all he needed; His mate. To feel that I was still present...his lion wouldn’t rest until it was sure.

“Its okay” He lay with his head on my stomach “We will discuss this later, for now let’s just make you better” He lifted his head and flipped us around so fast a squeal left my lips. My hair fanned around him and he gently stroked it

“Being inside your sweet opening will make me feel better” He gruffly spoke “Having your sweet breast in my mouth as I su-”

“Chrysanthos” I gasped at his crudeness and he threw his head back and released a loud laugh that crawled up my heated body.”Shut up” I grumbled and turned in his arms. He turned and held my waist firmly. A silence enveloped us and I drifted off with his fingers lightly grazing my hip. I was marked, maybe not the way I wanted but at least I mattered and belonged to someone and for the first time...

I didn’t feel abandoned.