6 - The Mystery Car

This Is Me - The Greatest Showman

6 - The Mystery Car

Word count: 1610

"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."

Robert Kiyosaki

Today it's a double update! Wahoo!! So make sure you check out chapters 6 and 7.  Please read the authors note in chapter 7 which explains why this is a double update. Its really important!

Chapter 7 is in Whitney's POV as well! Yay. 

***

Callum's POV

"I'm not!" Hannah shouts loudly.

"Are too."

"Nope."

"Yep."

"You son of—"

"Alright guys, calm down," I intervene, giving Brock and Hannah pointed looks. Hannah huffs and crosses her arms over her chest. Brock takes a few steps closer to her and gives her an apologetic look.

"Baby, you might be a tiny bit short but its okay." He tells her and makes a move to wrap his arm around her waist. Hannah has second thoughts though and steps away from him, frowning.

"Brock, I'm average height. I've googled it and my doctor said so." Hannah even gets her phone out and googles it.

Brock nods his head when he sees the phone and runs a hand through his hair. He looks fed up with the pathetic argument. It all started when Athena called Hannah short when she really isn't. She's about 5"5, which is average height as she kept reminding all of us. Brock denied it and so they started fighting.

He takes a step closer to her. When she doesn't push him away, he continues to advance on her. And that's when I stop watching them like a jealous, lonely guy.

"Yo man, you okay there?" Ares asks me, concerned. I give him a reassuring smile and put on my best mask.

Honestly, I don't think I'm going to be okay watching this film. Anastasia—Whitney, I mean Whitney— is starring in it. The girl who I love. Every time I watch something she's in or see her in a magazine or billboard, I feel a part of me crumble. I'm proud of her, don't get me wrong, for becoming somebody so amazing and inspiring but I'm also angry. Angry that she left without giving me a proper goodbye, angry that she's someone I see all of the time yet can't talk to. I'm angry that she's become who she is. That everyone loves her. Not just me.

I often wonder if she thinks about the people she left behind. If she thinks about me. Does she miss me? Does she want to see me?

I'm knocked out of my train of thought when Aries claps his hands in front of my face. I pull back and give him a shove.

"What was that for?"

Ares shrugs, "you were zoning out again man. Are you sure you want to go in?" He pauses and swallows. "It must be hard to see her on the screen. It feels hard for me but it must feel worse for you."

Ares sees Anastasia as a little sister. He was there for her when Brock and Martin weren't. He was there for her when I wasn't—which I now regret. Maybe if I was, then I would know the pain I caused her and how much she hated life. If I had, I might have seen how she was collapsing in on herself.