hanging out

After four hours of watching old movies, making weird videos and snacking on junk food, Dalton's iPhone rang. "Why do you build me up, buttercup baby just to let me down.." I recognized his ringtone as a cover that he did with his old band 'Fly Away Hero'. "Yellow?" He answered. Whoever was on the other line talked for a little while. "It's my mom, she wants to know if we are ready to go. Soph, do you want to leave? Cuz I kind of want to stay if it's alright with you Lilly." I was glad that he wanted to stay. "Sure it's no problem." Sophie told her mom that she was ready to leave and Dalton would stay. Mrs. Rapattoni arrived about ten minutes later. "You must be Lilliana, you are very pretty, just like Dalton told me." I blushed and so did Dalton. Red was a good color on him. "Thank you, just call me Lilly." She thanked me for hanging out with Sophie and drove away in her yellow Ferrari.

"What shall we do?" I asked Dalton. "How about truth or dare?" I agreed and we moved to the couch in my entertainment room. "Ok truth or dare?" He picked dare. "I knew I liked you." We both laughed. I absolutely loved listening to his laugh. "I dare you to go out to the busiest part of the shore and scream the words to 'Friday' by Rebecca Black." I was a little surprised when he accepted the challenge. I told my uncle we would be back in a bit but he was too busy working at the cafe to care.

We headed down to the beach and I found a nice spot with maybe 50 people tanning and what not. "1,2,3!" "It's Friday Friday gotta get down on Friday!!" I brought my video camera so I could capture the whole thing. At some point I joined in when almost everyone had given us dirty looks and left. "Now that is how you clear out a crowd." I joked. "Ya it is, let's go."

"That was actually kind of fun." He admitted when we got back to my small, peach one story house. "Yep, I love doing random things like that." He smiled down at me. "That's why we get along so well." At the moment I wished we could stay like that forever, good friends that could just hang out and talk about anything. "Alright back to the game. My turn." I picked truth. We both agreed that it didn't have to be yes or no questions. "Why don't you like to sing in front of people?" I really didn't feel like answering that question but I did anyways. "I guess I'm just afraid of being judged." It was good to share my feelings with someone. Even thought he is a guy I know that he really cared what I would say. "Being judged is part of life that you have to accept. You just have to take the criticism and turn into a positive. If I hadn't been willing to be judged I wouldn't be where I am today in the music industry. And if you love to do something don't let others stop you." His words made me happy and confident. I knew he was a true friend. "I know you're right, thanks for being a great friend."

After that be Dalton chose truth too. "Who is your favorite member of IM5?" He looked stumped. "I honestly don't have a favorite. Everyone is so different. I like Cole cuz he is jokin around a lot but can also be serious at times. Dana is like a little MJ and so much fun to be around. Will is so amazing at piano and it's fun to jam with him. Gabe is like an older brother who is always there for me." I was amazed to see how much he loved his band mates. It made me love them even though I hadn't met them.