Chapter 8 - The Jet Lag

They descended down the huge stairs with their suitcase to the drawing room and witnessed their dear ones waiting to send them off. "Kuch aur din rukh jate toh kya ho jata." Renuka,  Sanyukta's mother in-law sadly twisted her lips at her son. "Sorry Mom. You know it is important." He hugged his angry mother. "Sanyukta beta. Take care okay. Eat on time , sleep on time. If he bothers you, just remember, I'm just a phone call away. I'll catch the next flight to teach him a lesson."Renuka smirked at her son making him drown in confusion. "Yeh meri maa hai ya iski. Mujhse zyada Sanyukta se pyaar karti hai." "Okay mom. I'll miss you" She kissed her cheeks. Sanyukta tapped his shoulder and pointed to the huge fancy pendulum. He ignored her action and proceeded to leave. "Dad keep your diabetes in control." She chuckled hugging him tight as well. Randhir was still not over his confusion. They took the blessings from their parents and boarded the cab that took them to the Airport. 

After two hours,

"What are you doing..." He jerked her arm that was wounded around his bicep. "I'm so..rryy!" She withdrew her hands back and clutched her forehead. He took a look at her. She was looking weak and fatigued. That made him wonder but he came out of reverie repeating to himself that he shouldnot care for her. She shut her eyes tight as soon as she experienced a throbbing pain in head. She soon drifted off to sleep. "Randhir.. move.." she jerked him from his slumber but he faked to sleep thus troubling her. "Randhir I said move. I need my bag." She pinched him but he didn't budge. She again called him in her weak voice but he didn't show any response. "Randhir please. I'm not feeling well. I need to use the wash room." She pleaded and the soft corner of his heart made him look at her. She had small drops of the liquid at one corner of her eyes which she tried to hide very well. He just moved giving her space and sat down in deep confusion. "Is she scared of heights or flight ? She is a traveller and often she travels by flight if I'm not wrong. " He wondered. Again the devil in him asked not to think about her. " I don't care whatever happens to her." He said in an inhuman way and concentrated on his smartphone. The flight was moving with a sleeping  Sanyukta and a 'why-do-I-care' Randhir.

After hours, the flight landed on the area and the passengers got down. "I'm going to my house to get my luggage. Just tell me your address, I'll reach there." She said looking at him who was looking nowhere. He decided to teach her the first lesson of their life and so he said a fake address of a house in the nearby place. "I'll take your suitcase Sanyukta. You don't need to worry." He added smiling which make her doubt his intentions but soon she put it out of her mind thinking that he is just helping her since she wasn't well. He, without a proper adieu, boarded a cab and fled to his place. She stumbled to her house with weak legs. The jetlag increased her fatigue ounces more. After bidding a final good bye to the land lady, she proceeded to leave to his apartment only to get stalled in the address which was supposedly his'. She looked at the brunette in front of her giving her stupid looks. She face palmed looking at the mobile  with the dead Battery and the power bank was in her suitcase which was with him.  She tried calling his mother but h She enquired a few about his residence but none of them knew him. She sighed and moved forward in an improper state, stumbling, with a throbbing head ache, loss of appetite and body weakness.

    It was late in the night and there was no sign of her. He banged his fisted palm on the wall. An unknown fear engulfed him thinking of her state. "She was already not well and what I did what completely inhuman."His conscience slapped him hard. "What if something happens to her?" He sat on the couch biting his nails. "I did a big mistake. I should not have done this to her in her pathetic state." He concluded. He surfed her bag to find the location of her place but there was none. He quickly grabbed his car keys and starting driving with a high velocity rate and with erratic pulse rate. He silently prayed to god for her well being.

To be continued