Chapter 38

How!? no one can know about stars, they can't be known in the human world. me and Jessie ran back into the room and sat on the floor. the boys looked confused and worried when thy looked back at us.

"What wrong?" Jaiden asked us.

"Those kids....know what I am!" I exclaimed

"What?..." Jessie asked curiously standing up to meet his worried face.

"He's getting to strong for us to handle Jessie. The longer we stay with her the stronger he gets....now I see in the past we've succeeded because we kept our distance from the star while protecting them at the same time. But I've been stupid letting my feelings for her get in the way of the truth. We attract him to her, we aren't a barrier, we are a magnet Jessie....." He sighed angrily.

"What are you saying Jaiden?" I whispered knowing the answer.

His eyes flicked to me, seeing my sadness he embraced me. "I have a way to be with and without you at the same time, it's safer, you will still see me.

"No, Jaiden we don't have to, it puts you in more danger." I shock my head furiously.

"Alice, if he comes to us, we can defeat him, if he comes to you he has ways with stars to possess them. trust me Alice, I know what I'm doing and it's for the best." then without my reply he kissed me hard with feelings of worry as well as love. "I love you." he whispered in my ear when we parted.

"I love you....too...." My eyes watered then I pulled away from his hold, before walking over to Luke taking his hand which squeezed mine. smiling at him I then looked at the two people who had become my new family whoosh away in seconds. instantly I felt lost...

"Hey, look we have each other and they are still with us, just in a different way! but Jaiden loves you still and Jessie will always be like your sister." Luke smiled gently holding me in his embrace.

"I know and I'm thankful for that! I just wish there was another way for this to be possible and still see eachother." I mumbled pulling away gently.

"He can see you, he's already said he will be able to...just you have to imagine him with you too." Luke sighed into his hotel bed while I stood ridged. "relax Alice, if their plan works we should be fine safe for a while until Valadix realises...so please just relax for an hour or two." Luke insisted.

"Your right. I can't be fully relaxed, not when their out there on their own, but for tonight I will act how I should have done but never have." I smiled pretending Jaiden could see it bold and proud.

Bold and proud...i guess Jaiden and Jessie represent both of those words perfectly...