Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Sixth Chapter

"Don't stand like that," I muttered to my partner and glanced over at the instructor

"Don't stand like that," I muttered to my partner and glanced over at the instructor. "I can just kick your knee in and then you're down."

The bird I was partnered up with looked down at his legs and frowned. "How should I stand then?"

"Don't lock your knees, and stop hunching you back. You're big. Use it." 

"I'm just big compared to you," he shot back. 

"Aren't you big then? You're fighting me."

"Mr Creed." 

I took a deep breath and turned towards the instructor. He was coming towards the bird, who I never could remember the name of, and me.

"Mr Trainer."

"Is this talking time?" he asked. I wasn't supposed to answer that. "Are you trading recipes ladies? Hair products? Because I'm sure, you're not actually training here. Get back to it ladies!" 

I turned back to the bird. "Hit me." 

"What?"

"Just do it. That guy is never going to get off my case unless somebody actually hits me. So hit me!" I growled and took a step forward. The bird slammed his fist right on my cheekbone. It didn't even break or anything. "You call that a punch?"

He punched me again, harder this time. I caught the instructor looking over at us again with a wide smile on his face.

"I really don't want to punch you again," the bird said with a low voice.

"He saw it. We can go back to normal training now," I muttered.

The bird was getting better the longer we went at it. We finally stopped and sat down on the mat to stretch.

"That guy really hates you," the bird said quietly and nodded towards the instructor.

"A lot of people here do," I replied and shrugged.

"I bet. Don't take it too seriously though. This might be military, but it's still high school." The bird rose from the mat and nodded to me. I nodded back. Nat dropped down next to me and placed her foot in my lap.
"Help me stretch," she just said, not looking like she was in the best mood. 

"How was training?" I asked and started bending her foot down. She winced and growled at me. I guess that was enough of an answer. Something cracked in her foot, and she groaned. "What's wrong with your ankle?"

"Nothing."

I bent it, and she jerked it out of my hands. "You should tell Birdie about it. He can take you to a doctor."
"I don't want to talk to any of those brothers, all right? Back the fuck off, Nathan!" She rose to her feet and stalked out. Ryan was with us today and sent me a look. I just waved my hand and motioned him to go after her. I rose too and walked out in the locker room. Nobody ever used them, since all the students lived in the dorms right next to the gym, leaving them free for me to get changed.

icon lock

Show your support for Fray, and continue reading this story

by Fray
@AWFrasier
With a new name and new life, Nathan must learn to fit in at an Acade...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 25 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @AWFrasier.