11 ||

Chapter 11.

          "Dammit." I could hear his voice as soon as I opened the cell door. His voice sounded strained, sounded annoyed and agitated all at the same time.

It made me want to stop in my tracks.

"You didn't fuck him did you?" He spat out the word fuck as if he couldn't quite handle it coming from his lips. Why was he acting this way? I had told him already what had happened, I wouldn't lie to him, why did he think I would?

I turned around and shut the cell door behind me again.

"Are you an idiot?" My words came out harsher than intended. "Do I look like I'm lying to you?" Aaron didn't reply, he just kept his eyes on me. I hated it when he did that because I couldn't keep my bearings, I bet he knew it too. "What's it to you anyway if I did? We fucked once, you have no right to be jealous."

"I'm not fucking jealous." He snapped. His eyes looked a stormy grey and they ignited the fire within me some more. "Just go."

"Typical." I rolled my eyes. "We're done, we've had our moment and there's nothing more to it, okay? So I can do whatever the hell I please." I didn't know where the hell I was getting this confidence from but I felt powerful, I felt empowered as a woman. I loved this side of me.

"Do it." He said. "Do it."

"I will." I gave him a firm look before opening the cell door wide. "Your cell is cleaned now, inmate." I let the name fall off my lips and I heard him growl angrily at the name. I didn't pay him any more attention. I left his room, my chin held high but my heart a little sunken.

Aaron

I was fucking livid.

I couldn't help the anger shoot through every part of me. I revelled in the feelings because I hadn't felt for years in this place, not a single emotion. I hadn't wanted to, hadn't had the space in my crowded mind to feel.

But that girl, that fucking girl made every hair on my body stand to attention, made every nerve ending alive.

Of course I was angry, why wouldn't I be? I was jealous, too jealous to show her I didn't care at all.

I jumped up on to my bunk and laid my body with my front against the wall. I counted the lines in the walls, hoping my anger would evaporate as quickly as it came. I tried so hard to count the lines, the dents, the tally charts, anything but think of Chloe.

It was harder than I thought it would be. She was on every single part of me, our time together in the stock room playing on my mind like a video.

What if she did fuck that man she met last night? What if she preferred him to me?

I was just getting angry again. So angry I could punch something and I didn't want to do that.

She didn't owe me anything, so why did I feel so fucking angry when I thought about her with someone else?

Before I could think some more, my cell door was opening again. A part of me played a scene in my mind where Chloe would come in to the room, kiss me and tell me I was the only man she wanted to fuck.

To my dismay, Jeff entered the room.

"What's up dickhead?" His greeting agitated me further. "Are you sulking?"

"No."

"I think you are. What's wrong?" He seemed genuinely concerned and I didn't know whether that angered me more or made me feel like somebody cared.