Chapter Three

Kyrie Laurent

"Move," I mumbled pushing Christopher away from me. Call me petty but I was still mad about the shit our 'relator' pulled the other day with him. I knew I shouldn't be mad at him but I needed someone to direct my anger towards and he was guilty by association.

It was silent for a few moments then I felt his hands trying to hold me again.

"What. Did. I. Just. Say?" I gritted angrily.

"Kyrieee." He whined.

"No. Don't touch me."

I scooted from the middle of the bed to the complete other side. He started scooting closer.

"Don't. I swear I'll kick you in your ribs bro."

I sighed in relief when it got silent again— and then he started whining. It's moments like these that make me wonder if he'll even be able to handle two other babies, he's basically a baby himself.

"Can I touch now?" He asks poking my backside.

I roll my eyes before rolling back towards him. He won't let me sleep unless we cuddle.

"You're so aggravating," I say as he pulls me closer.

"Thank you." He responds.

I really need to expand his vocabulary before he goes out and makes a fool of himself.

I enjoyed the silence for a few moments and was just about to close my eyes and then my phone rung.

"I swear to fucking God. I can't ever get a minute to myself— hello?"

"Aye Kyrie."

"Derrick?" I look down at my phone realizing it's Kamiyah's number.

"Yeah, uh—"

"JUST TELL HER ALREADY! I CAN'T HOLD THIS BITCH IN FOREVER!" I heard Miyah's voice in the background.

"What's going on? Are you guys okay?"

"Yeah, we straight. Miyah just wildin' out right now cause she goin' into labor."

I started cackling. Almost everything Derrick said made me laugh, he's just so blunt.

"Alright, Chris and I will be down there soon. What hospital are y'all at?"

"Man I don't know—" he kissed his teeth. "Ayo Miyah what hospital is this?"

They argued back and forth for a few moments before he came back to the phone.

"We at Lenox. She says that's like 10 minutes from where y'all use to work."

"Yeah I know, we'll be there in a few."

"Ight— GIRL YOU BEST STOP CLAWING ME IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YA'!"

I hung up, I didn't need nor want to hear what happened next.

"C'mon Chrissy, we got somewhere to be," I said rolling out of bed.

He groaned and followed behind me.

"Go wake Royalty up and get her dressed." I directed. I hope he wouldn't dress her in anything crazy, last time he dressed her he put her in rain boots and one of her dress-up outfits.

Lenox Hill Hospital

"Hey, how you feeling girl?" I said to Kamiyah as I entered her room. Christopher and Royalty made themselves comfortable on the couch opposite her bed.

"I'm ready to kill Derrick and these nurses and my momma." She replied smiling weakly.

"Now you making me scared for birth, and I got two."

"It ain't my fault Chris got super sperm swimming around in his balls. You the one that wanted a disabled daddy." She cackled.

"Ha Ha, I hope they forget to give you your anesthetics."

She gasped. "Oh so now we pulling out that card? I thought we were homegirls."

"Mhm. How dilated are you?"

"I don't even know." She sighed. "I haven't been listening to none of these nurses— you know one of them had the nerve and audacity to flirt with D in from of my face? Like is it not obvious I'm having his baby?"

She started making me think back to what happened a few days ago.

"Oh don't I know it."

"How's house-hunting going? Have y'all settled on anything yet?"

"I don't think we'll get anything done. Our realtor has been making eyes at Christopher."

She furrowed her brows. "Is he making eyes back? Cause if he is girl it's never too late to check him back into that mental hospital—"

"Oh, hush. Christopher wouldn't cheat, he doesn't even know what that is."

"Which makes it more likely for him too." She shrugged. "Hell for all you know he could be fucking around right now."

I looked over at him sleeping peacefully with Royalty in his arms, then started to worry. He couldn't. Could he?

"Calm down, you looking a Lil pressed over there." Kamiyah laughed.

"Stop joking like that, I'm stressed enough as is."

"Aww, I'm sorry babe. When I have this baby and get discharged we can go out of Chinese or— o-oh shitt."

"What?"

She took deep breathes and squeezing my hand harder.

"Contractions." She finally said.

"You want me to call the doctor?"

"Please."

I called in the doctor and sure enough, she was fully dilated and ready to start pushing. Christopher, Royalty and I had to stay outside because we weren't considered family.

A few hours later we were called back inside. She had given birth to her beautiful baby girl. They didn't have a name picked out yet though.

"I think Zara is cute," I suggested. "I don't know what it means but I know it's African."

"Nah, let's keep it hood like Za'Kiyah."

"Hell no! She is no Za'Kiyah. I think she's a Ginger." Kamiyah said happily.

"That's to damn white and you know it," I said.

"How about Aaliyah? Like the singer? I was gon' name you that." Kamiyah's mom spoke up.

"I like that, can we spell it A-L-I-Y-A-H? I want it to be different."

"Takin' of an A don't make it original," Derrick said.

"Shutcho' stupid Ronald McDonald looking ass up! Who's the one that pushed out the damn baby? I will name her whatever I please."

Derrick rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to his phone.

This family is so dysfunctional.

——
I'm updating 2 more items today.