Chapter 14

"Magnus." Clary called out to the warlock. All the circle members had been killed and they were once again safe.
Magnus immediately saw the little girl clinging into the shadowhunter.
She runs up to him for a hug.

"Go join the others my dear, this is no place for a little girl. Go." Zoe left and Magnus turned to clary. "I heard what you did for Zoe. You risked your life for a young warlock girl without hesitation."

"She was just a girl, and she was in trouble. I had no choice." Clary explained but the high warlock wasn't having any of it.

"You always have a choice. You're not like the others, Clary Fairchild. Most shadowhunters- maybe with the exception of Stiles- protect downworlders out of a sense of duty. Though you saved Zoe out of the goodness in your heart. You're more like your mother than you'll ever know."

Stiles entered staying in the shadows twisting his katana playfully in his hands.

"Magnus please... you can't hide from his battle. Look Valentine found you once he will find you again. We need to work together. Help me." Clary reasoned.
Stiles scoffed. He knew that the only way to get a clear message across was with violence.

"I can summon the demon, but you have to make the demand." Magnus replied staring Clary in the eyes. "Now I warn you... retrieving your memories will not be easy."

"I will do what I have to do." The redhead replies confidence and determination filling her.

"All right. But we're not safe here. The location of the lair has been comprised."

Stiles looked up and made eye contact with Magnus.
"You're actually helping her? She got you in this mess?" The teenager earned a glare from Clary.

"Yes I am. Hold tight everyone we're about to move." Stiles set down his katana.

Magnus' magic fills the room as he works his magic to move the lair to a safe location.

"Ah much better." Magnus sighed as he finished his work.

"That. Was awesome." Stiles congratulated. "Wait, I have first dibs!" The teen smiled and ran out the room looking for his stuff and to look at the different bedrooms.

Magnus smiled and called after the boy. "I want at least a double bed!"

"No promises!" Stiles called back, both of them chuckling.

"What the hell?" Izzy whispered to Alec confused. "A nickname was one thing but a room?"

"Something's off about Stiles." Alec agreed.

Magnus took a look round the room.
"Ugh, that's inevitable. Each time I move I have the itch to redecorate. Normally I like a dirty lair... but this ones just sloppy." He says looking at Alec. Alec didn't quite understand that he was flirting and just looked confused.

Stiles had found three bedrooms. One was royal blue with black details in the wallpaper.
The second had a yellow theme, it looked more Magnus' style than Stiles'
The last was red and the bed took up most of the room.

He settled on the blue room, throwing his weapons bag- that he had found previously- in the black wardrobe.
Opening a bottle of water from the kitchen.
His phone rang in his pocket and he answered, confused on who it might be.

"Hello?"

"Stiles? It's Lydia." Stiles chocked on the water he was drinking.

"Lydia? How did you get my number? Why did you call?"

"I made parish teach you, and I miss you. Scott won't say anything about why you left. And- and it was driving me crazy not knowing if you were alright!"

"Sorry. I just needed to get away. I found my biological family."

"Oh wow how's that?"

"Well I haven't actually met my parents yet but it's a working process. I think though I found family here anyway. I'm not going back to Beacon Hills. Ever."

The phone was silent for a second.

"Ever? So I won't ever see you again? No. No I'm but okay with that!"

"You have to be. Lydia, I wasn't honest with you, or anyone back there. Where i am now, I can be myself."

"Stiles I don't care. I'm a harbinger of death do you think I'm really going to judge?"

"Lydia-"

"No I don't care what you say. I'm going to find you. I'm going to see you again."

She hung up the phone. Stiles sat for a second before shaking his head.

'This is stupid. I love her, always have always will. So stiles stop being so stupid. If she does find me it won't be all that bad.'

"Oh the only other person who could draw as well as this was Michelolangelo, who was excellent in bed might I add." Magnus commented looking over at Alec.

"Ew I come into a room only to hear you talk about your sex life? Do I want to be here?"stiles exclaimed walking In disgusted.

The shadowhunters and warlock were all gathered around a pentagram, Clary had drawn to summon the demon.

"Okay were ready. Everyone take their rightful place on the pentagram. Someone will have to not do this though." Magnus talked as he walked around the small room.

"I'll step out." Izzy said raising her hand.

"Okay. We must initiate a bond. Once this bond is sealed it can not be broken until the demon retreats. No matter what happens we must but let go hands." Magnus informed the shadowhunters.

Soon they were all connected and the demon was among them.

"It is time. The demon demands payment!"

"What does it want?" Stiles asked over the wind from the demon.

"We must all share a beloved memory of the one we love most."

Clary went first, a picture of her mother appearing in the cloud.

The demon then looked at Stiles.
An image of his dad, the sherif appeared. The memory bring tears to his eyes, but he pushed them back down again.

It was Alec's turn and a picture of Jace formed in the mist.

"No it's but true! The demon deceived me!"

"Do not break the bond!" Magnus shouted but Alec did anyway.

"No!"

There was a blast knocking everyone down. Alec went towards the demon but Jace pushed him away.

The demon got a hold of Jace and was dragging him in. Izzy and Alec grabbed a hold of him and Stiles immediately helped.

"Clary help us!" Clary looked down at her seraph blade.

"If you destroy the demon you will lose your memoirs forever!"

Clary ran towards the tornado, killing the demon.
Jace fell to the floor
"Jace! Jace."

"Wake up. Come on Jace!"

"Is he going to be alright?"

"I don't know, does he normally just lay like that without moving?" Magnus replies sassily.

"Oh my god-" Stiles exclaimed breaking down in laughter.