Chapter 16

Months have passed since the last Shadow Game between the Pharaoh and Bakura.  (Y/N) still missed her sister and wished she could have done more to help her see that Bakura was a monster.  Though she did not know that Ismen was still alright and not wiped from the world,  She did not know Bakura was still toying with her and the Pharaoh.  She wanted do badly to cry for loosing her sister, but would not.  She often dreamed about her and how they used to be, like real sisters, like friends.  Atem noticed her constant unease and did anything in his power to help.  He always blamed himself for what happened.

Both were oblivious to the fact that they were fine.  Bakura often sent spies to see if his plan was working and felt so accomplished with his minor victory.  Ismen joined in his celebration, and enjoyed her sister's suffering at the hand of Bakura. 

Both Bakura and Atem began to notice how the Shadow Games became more powerful, this gave Bakura a wicked plan.  He turned over to Ismen, who was sitting on a rock, just outside of Kul Elna.

"Ismen, have you noticed how dangerous Shadow Games have gotten?  This could work well in our favor.  Let this destroy the Pharaoh for good and that light sister of ours." Bakura said.

"What do we do before then?" Ismen asked.

"We do nothing and we let the Shadows consume this world, unless the Pharaoh does something drastic in this situation."

"And (Y/N)?"

"She is a pawn that does not matter, she goes where he goes and will die when he dies and live while he lives."

They stared at each other and thought it was a good plan to let them be the instruments of their own destruction.  Meanwhile, Atem was wandering the Palace and noticed (Y/N) was leaning on a balcony hugging her arms around herself.  She watched the village being consumed by Shadow Monsters.  Atem walked over to her and leaned on the rail beside her.

"It is okay to not be alright.  You have been through so much, and I want you to know you can talk to me. I know you are angry with me because of what I did, but-" Atem said before (Y/N) pulled him down by his cape and kissed him until they ran out of air.

"Atem, there is nothing to forgive.  I do miss her very much, but she is a different person now.  I am not angry with you, you saved me twice times, once when I died, and once from the last Shadow Game.  I just needed some time.  I actually have to go, I should be back late, no need to stay up and wait for me." She said and kissed him again to prevent any of objection.

She stood on the railing and jumped off, only to turn into an eagle and go for another long fly.  She flew and watched as the Shadow Monsters destroyed the town.  She flew down and tried to  help as many people as she could.  She saw two children hiding under a fallen wall propped up on another.  They sat in fear, and only looked as if they were waiting for it to crush them.  (Y/N) flew up to them and changed back into a woman, unintentionally started them in the process.

"No need to be afraid children, I can help you.  I am the Pharaoh's wife so you can trust me." She said and the children looked up at her as she out stretched her hand.  They took her hand and she helped them out one at a time.  They both gave her a hug as the thing they hid under crashed and the younger one cried in her arms and buried his head in her chest.  She smoothed his short and tangled brown hair.  The older one, that could be no older then ten years old, looked up at her and nodded in thanks unable to speak.

"Where are your parents." She asked.

Both children looked at her and the older one shook his head. "They are gone, they were unintentionally hit by a dragon during a Shadow Game in our home.  They got us out, but could not do the same for themselves." The older one replied.

(Y/N) had no idea what to do.  "Go to the palace and tell them (Y/N) sent you.  If the Pharaoh is close he will help you.  Do not forget my name when you go.  Protect each other, I will try to help others if I can.  Now go!" She said sternly.

She changed into a cheetah to look for other survivers.  She saw a woman under some rubble and rushed to help her.  Blood was dripping from her head.  She turned to a woman in front of her causing her to be startled.

"Have you not done enough Mystic? Just go!" She said.

"I am here to help you, I felt that life behind me so let me help you.  Take my hand and I will pull you out.  On three try to move." She said and took the woman's hand. "One, two, three!" She pulled the woman out from the rubble and healed her head. " Go to the Palace and tell then (Y/N) sent you.  I will see if there are anymore survivers.  Do you know what happened?"

"What is there to tell?  There was a Shadow Game, that got out of hand and destroyed this village.  I have not seen any other survivers.  Just go home, if it is still standing." She said.

"The Palace is my home, so go there and tell them I sent you." She said to the woman.

The woman ran and (Y/N) changed to a cheetah unable to find anyone else.  She went back to the Palace to tent to the three she had found. Seto is most likely going to kill me since I asked three commoners to the Palace.  She thought to herself.  She ran as a cheetah back to the palace to find Isis, Mahad, and Shada tending to the children she sent to the palace, and the Pharaoh came to her to tell her a plan he had.  A plan that neither of them would like to go through, but he could not think of any other way to stop the Shadow Games that were getting out of hand.