Surfaced

"Jackson? " I heard my voice yell through the darkness. "Jackson, where are you? "

A sudden bright hot light tore at my vision momentarily blinding me. Once my eyes adjusted I found myself on the lacrosse field watching myself stumbling closer towards...me, I guess.

I narrowed my eyes against the light and as I did my vision went a vibrant red. Suddenly all could think of was killing the dolled up version of myself from the winter formal. Beautiful dress, my strawberry blonde hair curled to perfection, makeup stunning.

"Jackson? " my other self said. "Is that you?"

I walked forward slowly, calmly. As came closer to my target, I felt my jaw unhingeing painful to make room for the sharper canines forcing their way in between my natural teeth.

My target had just caught sight of me when my mouth opened, revealing my new additions. The target opened her mouth to scream when I lunged, knocking her to ground. I moved my body on top of her unconscious one and sank my teeth into her side.

"LYDIA!" I moved back slightly when I heard it and watched as a boy ran full speed towards where we were.

He was lanky and had his hair was cut short. He wore a shirt and tie ensemble that told me he had been at the formal as well.

Only when he kneeled down in front of me did I realize that the boy was Stiles.

"Please" he choked. "Don't kill her." I looked down at the girl whose blood was now seeping into the grass. "Kill me, I don't care anymore! Just don't kill her."

I bolted up out of bed as the nightmare faded away. You'd have thought after two years these dreams about the winter formal would have stopped. But this one was different. I was Peter. And Stiles was there.

All this time I'd though it was Jackson who had saved me, but it was...

"Stiles"