004 FD. CHAPTER FOUR

• • •

• • •

Francis quickly glanced over the many entries, the sound of pages flipping calming the nerves of everyone. No one dared moving. The curiosity and nervousness were radiating off of the countries facial expressions. Arthur studied the expressions of Francis closely however.

It was obvious that Francis was skimming over some uncomfortable subjects. Arthur had understood that look from when Francis had started talking to him regularly after... what he had done to her.

"Dude? Are you going to read or not." Alfred broke the seemingly everlasting silence. Francis snapped out of his staring into space and nodded.

"Of course, mon cher," Francis flipped to the previous page he had saved with his finger, "this one is about Heracles." Greece — or Heracles rather — brought his attention to the conversation with tired yet interested eyes.

Francis took a deep breath before reciting the following paragraph.

"Others would question why Greece always got tired for no reason. He would usually answer them with 'You would get really sleepy after having as much weather damage and war in your country as I do. But having no other choice than to fight for your people to keep them safe; becoming ignorant, selfish, and rude is nothing compared to what you've really gone though and seen. We (countries) were put on this planet for a reason and that reason is to protect our people and our cultures but that doesn't mean we can't take a nap'."

Francis finished the sentence and all eyes were on Heracles. A yawn was heard from the barely awake country as he glanced around the room.

"I mean... that isn't wrong. Naps are what keep me strong and," another yawn, "healthy," Heracles soft voice came from the end of the table, his arms crossed and head resting between them.

None of the countries were going to disagree with him. After all, what he said (or wrote) was completely true. It was their job to look after their people. To make sure that even though their lives weren't particularly in danger, their peoples lives were and that meant doing whatever it took to save them.

"So is that how this all works? With apparently true statements or whatever being read aloud from a random book we found?" Arthur grumbled. None of this seemed to make sense even to the man who regularly practiced magic.

"Maybe that's how we're supposed to escape! By reading all of the entries from this book, sí?" Antonio's eyes lit up with hope and the room began filling with murmurs and whispers.

"Yeah, but..."

"Stupid bastard always thinks he's right..."

"Just maybe...?"

A clap made its way across the room catching the attention of everyone once more. "Now, I ask of everyone to sit down if you may. This will obviously take awhile," Ludwig declared.

With the various amount of countries in the room, it took a large deal of effort and time until, eventually, everyone had decided on sitting in their regular seating arrangements during a typical world meeting. Ludwig began to speak with authority and gratitude for being able to address their current predicament.

"First off; how many countries are in this room? I'm assuming the usual world meeting attendees are here. Is there anyone else we don't usually see?" No one raised their hands and Ludwig nodded.

"Secondly; does anyone understand why we're here?"

Alfred's voice catered to Ludwig's question. "Dude, I'm pretty sure that we are totally screwed."

Ludwig scowled. "Thank you, Ameri—Alfred I mean, for that obvious statement." Alfred shrugged and dug into his jacket pocket. A look of shock was shown on his face as he pulled out what looked like a silver key.

"Wow, how the heck did this get in here??" Alfred exclaimed while turning over the key to look at its other side.

"Alfred-san, what is it?" Kiku's timid voice made its way closer to Alfred.

"Yo, some random key appeared in my pocket." The curiosity of the key prompted Alfred to look around the room.

"Has anyone seen a door that's locked?"

Looks were shared and heads were turned until a barely heard voice was heard from beside Alfred.

"There's a lock on the ceiling." Matthew's finger pointed upwards and everyone followed it.

• • •

Please notice me of anything too OOC and if the language is wrong. Haven't watched Hetalia in a long time.

Sincerely, James