Chapter 7: Home

Catarina's POV:

Plane will be landing shortly, please remain seated until the seat belt light above you goes off. Thank you for choosing Southwest Airlines, welcome to Los Angeles Ladies & Gentlemen.

My light went off and I unbuckled my seat belt as fast as I could. I honestly wanted to run away like the roadrunner in Looney Tunes before the brown curly haired dude started a conversation. I shouldn't have had thoughts about kissing this random guy I had a 15 second conversation with on an airplane. I had Bruno. Bruno is my boyfriend, I'm not single. I should stop these thoughts. It was even bad enough telling Trinidad about it. 

"Thanks for letting my suitcase bunk with yours. Bet they had a sweet time together." as The Airplane Guy nudged my shoulder while walking away with his case.

"Oh uhh.. Dammit. I need to stop!" I cried.

An hour passed by and I'm thinking about how much I miss Bruno already. The thought of being away from him again gives me so much anxiety. I just hope he's not doing anything he wouldn't want me doing.

"SURPRISE CAT! Yes I know it's hella weird laying in yo' bed when you're not here but remember I got a key." said Trinidad as he held up a copy of my house key.

"Haha! I don't care! Just don't be eating all the food when I'm not here. At least save me some okay?" I chuckled as I leaned in for a hug.

"Sooo.. Guess what!?" he shouted.

"Um.. I really don't. Just tell me while I unpack" I smiled.

"Ok ok ok. Sooo.. I'm going on my first-ever North American tour with a guy named Alex Aiono. He's a cool Youtuber, he has his own original songs as well! You should check him out!"

"Okay, I will. But I gotta shower again. I feel like butt.. and probably smell like it too." I frowned.

"Oh ew. I'll catch up with you later. And yes, I'll hook you up with some tickets. I'll introduce you guys." He raised his eyebrow and smiled as he walked towards the door.

"Trini.." I shook my head.

"What? Having new friends doesn't hurt anyone unless you're planning to do somethin' mooooore!" He teased while walking out the door.

Maybe Trinidad was right, I'm going to be in a funk because Bruno isn't going to be here in LA for at least a few weeks. 

It was 9:15pm. I just woke up from a nap and realized my phone was ringing and it was Trinidad Cardona. One of my great friends from high school.

"Whats up Trini?" I groaned.

"What's wrong? You don't seem so happy to hear my angelic voice." He laughed.

"I just woke up, that's why. Tell me what's going on." As I rubbed my face.

"Ha! Okay, so the show is next week but I'm giving you a VIP pass and a ticket to the show. I want you to be there. You've been my best friend since high school and I thank God for our friendship. I love you Cat. You deserve to be apart of this new journey." He said as his voice began to break.

"Aww Triniiiii, I love you too!" I cried.

"Say you'll go?" He pleaded.

"Yes, I was going to go anyway. I wouldn't miss it for the world." I smiled.

I hung up the phone and grabbed my Galaxy themed laptop with a bunch of stickers on the cover that I had for 2 years. I was surprised it lasted this long. I searched for Youtube then typed in Alex Aiono and clicked on the video that Trinidad was featured in. While getting up from my bed to get my Apple juice, the man singing felt like he was singing to me personally.. The way he sings.. His lyrics were so.. genuine. The love. The passion he put into this song.. The words that said:

"I see stars in the sky 

And they'll be there tomorrow

Will you be in my life?

In the many nights to follow
'Cause it goes so fast
When it's going down
All you feel is a crash
It's like lightning striking the ground
Tell me that you're shook up like I am
Tell me how you feel, I need an answer

When I'm with you

Does it feel like falling?"

I walked back to the laptop and a second later, I spit out my drink with my jaw dropping to the floor. It was him. It was the brown curly haired cutie. The Airplane Dude.