Chapter 10

Gajeel P.O.V

I wasn't sure how long I sat there with Levy in my arms. It felt like hours but I know had only been a few minutes. My eyes were dry and my throat was sore.

The sound of a small bell made me look up. A small light was floating in front of me, fading to reveal Mavis. She was translucent and she looked very tired.

"You loved her, didn't you dragon?" she asked softly. I tightened my grip on her and nodded, I couldn't find the strength to speak. She floated closer and gently touched my face.

"I do not have much time left in this world, now that my body is gone. I will use what power I have left, to sustain her." I looked at her wide eyed. "I can not guarantee she will live. It all depends on your speed, and her will to live."

I nodded"Thank you Mavis," I said roughly. She smiled and flew to Levys face. She touched her cheek and started to glow,she soon vanished in a ray of gold. Levys chest started to rise and fall in very shallow,weak breaths. "Now fly dragon!" Mavis' voice echoed through the air.

I lept to my feet, snapping out my wings. I flew as fast a my wings could carry me, pushing them harder. I zoomed past the group with Freed, all of then staring after me. "She's still alive!" I shouted. I heard five sets of wings follow after me.

'Just hang on Levy!'

Levy P.O.V

Everything was dark, and just so cold. My arms and legs felt heavy and numb. I don't know how long I floated there in the endless nothingness, but I started to see a bright light. It was so warm and welcoming, i started for it.

"Are you sure you want to go there?" a voice asked. I turned around. "Mavis?" she smiled at me. "Are you sure you want to go there?" she asked again.

"It's so warm there though.... And I'm tired." she nodded a little. "You know what lies that way don't you?" she gestured towards the welcoming light. "That way lies a paradise. Nothing will ever hurt again, you know exactly how it will be. Everything will be safe. But there." She pointed into the darkness.

"There lies adventure. Sure it isn't certain what will happen, but your friends and family are there, the people that love you very much. And one dragon, who needs you." I looked at her, "Gajeel?" she nodded.

I smiled softly then giggled a little. She raised an eyebrow. "I'm a Fairy Tail wizard, I can't believe I was about to choose the easy way! Of course I'm going to join that stupid dragon."I smiled.

She smiled and started to fade. I headed deeper into the darkness. Soon I could start to feel my arms again and I felt like I was coming up from under water.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. I was in the guilds infirmary and it was dark outside still. 'How long had I been out?' a pressure in my hand brought my attention to the side of the bed.

Gajeel was asleep, his head on the side of the bed and my hand in his. I smiled softly and reached my free hand to his head. Bad move, everything hurt. I winced and put my arm down.

Gajeel stirred and sat up, rubbing his eyes. He froze when he saw me awake. "Levy?" He whispered. His voice cracked and he had dark bags under his eyes. I smiled at him. "Hey." my voice was weak.

He gently pulled me into his arms and held me tight."I thought I lost you." he whispered. I tried to wrap my arms around him but they hurt to much. "How long have I been asleep?"

He was quiet for a moment."Two weeks." I froze. Two weeks? But it only felt like about an hour. He gently laid me back down and smiled down at me. I smiled back and tried to raise my hand again. I sighed angrily,"Why do I hurt so bad..."

He frowned."Levy, you were burned with a high concentration of magic. Most of your body was burned. Porlyusika has been giving you ointment every day to help heal the burns."

I looked down at my arms and sure enough they were covered in angry red burns. I sighed slightly, at least I was alive.

"You know,"Gajeel said softly. I looked up at him as he gently took my hand. "I never got to tell you but... I love you too." I felt like my heart would burst as I grinned at him.

He smiled and leaned down, gently pressing him lips to mine.