Chapter Eleven♥

This chapter is dedicated to FunkyChickzZ for the cute banner on the side! Thank you!

               “I can’t believe Jared actually asked you to the dance.” Lucy said excitedly from the other side of my bedroom.

             She was busy backcombing her hair so it sat on top her head like a large birds nest. She was dressed in a black corset which definitely showed off her ‘assets’ and a puffy tutu circled her hips. 

           “Well he didn’t exactly ask me,” I admitted sheepishly, “He basically told me that I had to go with him and he wasn’t taking no as an answer.”

                Lucy moaned, “I love a guy who can take charge.”

               “I honestly worry about you sometimes Luce.” I snorted. 

        “Does this look ok?” Lucy questioned as she adjusted her pointed witch hat onto her backcombed blonde hair. 

            “You look great.” I answered after giving her the once over.

          She really did look great, her witch outfit complimented her figure and her dark makeup looked flawless.  Whenever there was a dance or an outing where I needed to get ready I always invited my friends, but in this case only Lucy could come over to get ready with me tonight. Violet had gone to the dance early to help set up the decorations and Rebecca was doing some last minute shopping to find some fake eyelashes and purple lipstick. 

          “Right, it’s your turn now shorty.” Lucy clapped her hands together in excitement as she skipped over to her overnight bag.

           Despite the fact that I hadn’t grown at all in the past year, my Halloween outfits had all became too small for me, at first I thought I had gained weight but then I had looked more closely at the labels to see that for the three past Halloween dances I had worn costumes that were 9-10 years. After I had celebrated my small victory of finally growing too big for children’s clothes, I had called Lucy to ask her to bring around a Halloween outfit for me. It was only when she pulled out some skimpy red fabric that I realized what a massive mistake I had made. 

         “What the hell is that?” I asked anxiously as I eyed the skimpy costume in Lucy’s hand. 

          Lucy rolled her eyes, “Just try it on.”

         “Not until you tell me what the hell it is.” I demanded stubbornly. 

          Lucy suppressed a giggle by biting down on her red painted lips, “It’s a devil costume.”

         Oh hell no.

 ♥          ♥          ♥          ♥          ♥

             “I hate you.” I spat angrily as Lucy and I hoisted ourselves up onto the wall outside my house.

                Jared had texted me ten minutes ago to inform me that the taxi Lucy and I were sharing with him, Edward and Rebecca was a few minutes away. It had taken Lucy and I ten minutes to sneak past my mum, who would kill me if she saw what I was wearing. 

                   “Oh hush, you look sexy as hell.” Lucy waved off my insult as if it meant nothing. Of course she wouldn’t actually take me seriously, I often told her I hated her, but obviously I never meant it, but in this case I totally did.