33

"I should probably start thinking about going back home." Harry laughed.

"No way." I shook my head.

"Louis, I've been here a week."

"And that's the way I like it." I fondly smiled, bringing my hand up to his curls.

"Yeah me too, but you can't keep calling in sick." He giggled, leaning his head further back into my touch.

"Watch me." I smirked.

The younger boy simply let out a laugh, pulling himself closer towards me from our position on the sofa.

We had been like this for days, the outside world a mystery for the most important thing to me was within the confines of my apartment.

Time had gone quickly, as if it had never existed, and that was a new experience for me. I was so accustomed to the world in slow motion, spinning endlessly as I waited for a reason to live.

What I had not expected was for the reason to come crashing down into my life, tilting it completely on its axis, vision blurred and butterflies exploding from within.

I had never felt more wanted in my life, the experience was foreign, yet ever so familiar. Nostalgia was pouring from my every being, my heart aching for it to never leave again.

I was myself unsure of how long this was to last, and yet all I knew was that the moment it fizzled out, so would my organs.

I would wither away, like an unwanted house plant left to dry up without water or sunlight.

Because although Harry would always call me his little sun, he was indeed my sunlight. My lifeline if you will. And without him, I would be an object, drifting timelessly through a black abyss.

"What are you thinking about?" He whispered, his head tilting up in order to make eye contact.

I found myself lost in his eyes, lost in the look in which one could only describe as love pouring from his features.

"You." I replied, taking my thumb and brushing it across his cheek, taking in the redness that formed at my words.

"What about me?"

I shrugged, willing myself to get the words out, "Just about how you're my everything."

I pulled away from the eye contact, my movement against his cheek never once stilling. The worlds had been far from a declaration of love, however I felt lighter than I ever had.

For once in my life I was being honest to myself, embracing every feeling with open eyes, grasping it and accepting it. Even if that meant that others would not.

I had accepted that I could no longer live my life in fear of what was to come, but to keep a hold of what was real in that moment. And as far as things go, this was the realest thing that I had ever witnessed.

"Louis." He said, his voice gruff.

I looked down, only to find that his emerald eyes had accumulated a sparkling film, a singular drop fell from the threshold.