Chapter 4

Here's the next chapter. Let me know what you think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eve's POV

"Any news Kyle?" Alex asked while helping me arrange some flowers. 

"Yeah. I didn't get enough pay today. For all my super hard work and  he,  Mr. Leonard scolded me for nothing. Really! I didn't do anything! He blamed me for dropping a tray of fresh bread which of course I didn't do! Bill was the one who dropped it!!" He whined and plopped himself on a chair next to Henri.

"Can you massage my legs? They hurt," he threw a leg across her lap. 

"I dunno, can you go jump off a cliff ?" she twisted one of his toes which earned her a yelp.

"You're a patient one Henri. Anyways so what actually happened to the bread?" Alex asked. 

"I took the tray out of the oven and immediately handed it to Bill so he could arrange it on the table. He even tried to stop me! That lazy fool. But I wasn't having it. I shoved it in his hands." he proudly exclaimed. "Then that idiot screamed like a five year old girl and dropped it!"

"Hmmm did he say anything while he tried to stop you from handing him the tray? Did he look worried or scared?" Henri asked while rubbing her chin.

Then it dawned on me. Tonya gave me a 'he screwed up big time' look.
"Nope. I dunno, I wasn't interested." Kyle casually answered Henri.

"Of course you weren't. I should have known. You're the idiot!!" Alex was all wide eyed now.

"What? Why?  What has this got to do with anything? Don't you care that I had a bad day?! Stop with the questions daddy. I'm sensitive now." He crossed his arms.

"Not only did you mess up, you also BURNED Bill's hands!" Alex scolded him. 

"How did I burn his hands?" Kyle gave a look of disbelief.

"You passed him a burning hot tray genius. He hands must have been bare! What did you expect him to do? Kiss your ass? Of course he dropped it. And. It's. Your. Fault. Open those damn eyes and use that brain up there at least once in a while. Think about yourself and others." Tonya said while knocking his head. 

"Ouch!! Ow Ow OK OK!! I'll be careful!"

"You're not done Kyle we wanted to know if there was any real news," Tonya asked pointedly.

Kyle took a deep breath. "Alright, alright, he sighed. "First, you go sit in your chair. Waaaay over there," he pointed to where Tonya was initially seated. Far away from him.

"The war between the elves and fae creatures against the Giant Trolls are getting bad. Their army is getting closer and closer to The Core. The Guardians of The Core can't fight forever. The trolls are increasing in numbers frequently. Did I mention the royal faes are in more danger? Two trolls managed to get inside the castle two days ago." Kyle said in a bored tone.

"That is bad. What would happen if the king and queen are defeated? Killed I mean." I was horrified.

"The royal faes are the strongest of the fae creatures. If they die then it would be all too easy to conquer the kingdom and wipe out the rest of the faes," Tonya said.