Chapter Two | Cleaved Apart

Star was left with this stranger, who's name was Marco. She stared at him quietly after they pulled away their hands, blushing wildly.

Her heart seemed to thump out her chest as they once again caught each others eye.

She smiled slightly, but was afraid to say something..

" You look pretty.. " Marco said quietly. Star froze, her heart skipping a beat. Her mind screamed with happiness as he said that.

What's this feeling?  She asked herself. She hasn't exactly felt it before.. Not even with her hard-headed ex-boyfriend. She didn't know what it was, but she liked this feeling. It was like a drug to her almost instantly.

She looked at the ground, a small smile spread along her face. " Thank you.. " Star shyly replied, her hands behind her back.

Since when was she so shy?

Star looked at him again, lost in his chocolate brown eyes that were like a chocolate ocean. His eyes showed the same fear and look in hers.

Love.

Star quietly coughed. " Uh- " She was interrupted by, who seemed to be Marco's mother, walked over.

Star and Marco looked at her, both attempting to hide their blushing faces.

" Hi..! " Star happily chirped, smiling. The lady smiled. " Hello! My name's Angie. But you can call me Mrs. Diaz. "

Star smiled a bit more. " Nice to meet you, Mrs. Diaz! I'm Star. Star Butterfly! But you can call me Star. "

Mrs. Diaz blinked, nodding slightly. Star noticed that her friendly expression turned to a worried or angered one. Possibly both.

Star tilted her head slightly. " Uh.. Mrs. Diaz? " She curiously asked. Mrs. Diaz's gaze shifted to look behind me. Confused, Star turned around to see her mom staring at her as well.

" Moon.. "  Star heard Mrs. Diaz hiss.

" Angie.. " Moon growled.

Star and Marco shared a quick, worried glance. Star turned to Mrs. Diaz, hearing her say to Marco quietly:

" Inside. Now. "

Marco flinched, looking at me and waving as he walked into his house with his parents.

Moon went up to Star and asked her to help with the furniture. Star picked up a box, walking into their new house.

Star frowned. What just happened?

She was so lost in her thoughts, she practically ran into the wall by the door. Star shook her head, coming to her senses quickly.

She sadly walked inside, already missing the nice sparkle in Marco's chocolate brown eyes..