Chapter 5

Brianna's Pov

I woke up at 8:00 this morning and left the Simpson's. When I got home my mom was still asleep, so I went up to my room and took a shower. When I got out I changed into a pink sundress, palm tree necklace, and white gladiator sandals. I went back to the bathroom and curled my hair. Also, I out on my usual amount of makeup. Then, I went downstairs and made breakfast. I made, pancakes, eggs, bacon, and sausage. Soon, mom woke up and we ate together.

"So, what are you doing today?" Mom asked. "Cody is taking me to the zoo!" I was smiling goofily. "Oh sweetie that sounds fun!" She was still in a really good mood. "Ya, Cody should be here in about an hour!" "Okay, I have to go pick some things up at the store then I'll be home. I love you honey! Happy birthday!" She gave me a hug and went out the door.

I went on Instagram and was scrolling through some pictures. Of course there were all the usual pictures of puppies, food, and the beach, but today there was a bunch of birthday wishes for me. A few minutes later I got a notification. I clicked on it and it said that @codysimpson tagged you in a photo. When I clicked on it I saw it was a picture of us from when we were younger. We were both wearing party hats and tutus. The comment said "Hope you have a wonderful 15th birthday!" I liked the photo and commented "Aww thanks Simpson! See you soon!" Then I went on Twitter and saw that the picture was everywhere. Cody's fans were all reposting it and saying happy birthday to me. A lot of them were asking who I was, so I commented on a tweet saying I was his best friend since we were younger. Of course right away everybody started asking me a bunch of questions about Cody. I ignored them. After about 45 minutes of sitting on my computer, the doorbell rang. It was Cody. He was wearing a black t-shirt, blue jeans, and black vans. I opened the door.

"Well, your a little early?" I giggled. "I knew you would be ready. Besides now we have more zoo time." He was smiling wildly. "What animal so you want to see the most?" Cody asked. "The penguins." I replied. "Great!" With that he held the door open for me and we left.

15 minutes later (at the zoo)

We got there and it was bigger then I remember. It looks like they add more trees and plants everywhere.

"What do you think?" He asked. "It's huge and amazing and oh my gosh thank you so much Codes!" He laughed at my excitement. "Your welcome Angel! So, Bri how's it feel to be 15?" "It feels the same I guess." He looked at me and laughed. I swear he needs to stop being so cute.

After a while we had seen the elephants, giraffes, fish, and snakes. "Hey Codes, can we go see the penguins now?" "You're the birthday girl!" He picked me up bridal style and carried me to the penguins. I was to busy laughing to yell at him. Soon, we got there and he set me down. Surprisingly, there was nobody else in there. After we finished laughing, we started looking at the different types of penguins.

"Hey Bri, can I ask you a question?" "Sure Codes!" "Why did you want to see the penguins so much?" He asked and walked a little closer. "Umm because they are my favorite animal." "So if they're your favorite animal, you'll remember this moment?" "Of course Codes." We were face to face. "Bri, I have known you since I was 12, your my best friend, and I would do anything to make you mine. I have loved you since the first day we met! So, will you please do me the honor and go on a date with me? I was shocked. My heart was racing. I had imagined this moment before but not as perfect as this. "Codes, I love you too!" That was all I could say. I threw my arms around his neck and he lifted my feet off the ground. "I'll take that as a yes!" We laughed together. This moment couldn't be anymore perfect. We walked out of the penguin building, hand in hand and went to go look at the other animals before we had to leave.

Cody's Pov

She said yes. All I could think was those words "Codes, I love you too!" I can't believe this is happening. I'm dating my best friend. When our hands touched, I could feel the tingle.