seventeen

Yanchen's question still stuck on my mind. He likes someone?! Is it the girl he was making out with the other day? Psh, why do I care anyway. It's not like I like him that way.

"Why are you making weird faces?" Xingjie asked in front of me. We were at a cafe since Xiao Gui ditched him for some girl.

"I was not," I said, crossing my arms. "What were you saying again?"

"I'm not even saying anything, you were the one doing the talking," Xingjie pointed out.

"Okay then, what was I saying?"

"You were muttering something about Yanchen liking a girl? I forgot the rest,"

I rolled my eyes. Was I really talking that loud? "Nevermind that, forget you heard anything."

Xingjie smirked and leaned towards me, "I can read you pretty well Qin Mingzhu." He slumped back on his chair. "Now, spill. I don't have all day."

"I'm not spilling anything," I replied as the waiter put down our order on the table.

Xingjie was quiet for a moment, sipping his drink. "Let me guess then. You and Yanchen aren't really dating each other, but somehow in the midst of this little plan, you fell for him. Am I on the right track?"

I blinked my eyes multiple times. How did he -? I tried not to look surprised, "Not even close."

"Yeah, right," He scoffed. "He dated you to make Shuzhen jealous, correct?"

"Why do I have a feeling you've been on this road before?"

I tell you one thing Xingjie is good at, other than magic tricks. It's hiding his emotions. I could never tell if he was lying or telling the truth.

He shook his big head in response, "Lucky guess. But I should warn you, stop this act now, before you get hurt."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

Both of us decided to walk around the mall when all of a sudden, a hand grabbed my wrist, "What are you doing here?"

"Y-Yanchen," I removed myself from his grip. "I was just accompanying Xingjie,"

"I called you a thousand times and you never picked up," He sounded pissed for some reason.

"Relax, Yanchen," Xingjie stood in the between us. "She was just with me."

"And she should be with her boyfriend," Yanchen said, grabbing my hand again leading me away from Xingjie.

"What is," I said, pulling him back. "What is with you?"

Yanchen let me go as he shifted his gaze away from me. I felt confused. I seriously don't know what is going on right now.

"Yanchen," I moved in front of him. "What's wrong?"

He looked up. I saw his face full with concern and worry. I was about to speak again when he pulled me into his chest. Caressing my hair.

"You weren't picking up for almost two hours. I thought something happened to you,"

I was tongue tied. I didn't know what to say. Was he really that concern? Did he like me?

Zhou Yanchen, stop making me confused.

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"I got what you want," Zimo said, entering my room from the window.

"And I repeat, we have a door," I replied, putting my pen down. "Speak,"

Zimo cross his legs and sat on my bed, "You know Shuzhen, right?"

"Yanchen's ex-girlfriend. I met her once," I comment, remembering his grandmother's birthday party.

That night he was also clinging on to me and he never left my side. Always holding my hand and such.

"But before I tell you this, are you and Yanchen really dating?" Zimo asked. "Because if you are, I'm going to punch him in the face for this, but if you're not, then my hands will be cleaned."

I bit my lip. I just should tell him the truth, "We're fake dating to make his ex jealous. Now tell,"

Zimo nodded, "You should also now he and Shuzhen are in an on and off relationship. Shuzhen breaks up with him, Yanchen flirts with a number of girls to make her jealous and eventually they end up back together again."

So that's why Xiao Gui asked what number am I. Yanchen must have dated and flirted with a lot of girls before. Maybe that's why Bangbang told me he's not famous for nothing.

I almost frowned but I didn't show it to Zimo. If he saw how disappointed I am, he'd land his fist on Yanchen's face. "I'm also using him because of Ruibin."

"I don't think that's the case anymore, Mingzhu." Zimo says, looking straight at me. "Tell me the truth, have you fallen for him?"

I quickly reacted, "No! What do you know about liking someone anyway?"

I heard Zimo scoffed, "I know a lot. For your information, I've been liking someone for the past 5 years now."

I furrowed my eyebrows. He never told me who it was. He always avoided the topic whenever I ask him.

"Then why haven't you dated her already?"

Zimo stood up, walking towards me. It was the first time I saw how serious he was. He pulled me up, pulling me closer. I can feel his breath so close.

"Because she only sees me as a brother. And all I can do is stare at her from afar, watching her fall for these good for nothing guys."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

author's note:

hold on, sorry for updating so quick

Haha I'm planning to finish this since I still  have a yanjun fic to write and maybe a xikan one lol

thanks for reading! x