Sport Festival Pt.1

(Kaminari's POV)

Classes were cancelled the next day but we couldn't rest easy, not after what had happened in the USJ. I was extremely nervous since I haven't heard anything about Rin, or so I thought...

"Denki come down here!" my mom shouts. I groan in annoyance and go downstairs but my annoyance instantly turns into relief when I hear the good news. "We're visiting Rin at the hospital." 

I run to the car, eager to get there as soon as possible. Since I found out what happened at the USJ I have been anxious to visit her. I was puzzled when they told me how she passed out of exhaustion. That wasn't like her, she has an amazing stamina. Did she really exhausted herself to such point? 

We finally arrive at the hospital and I dash to the receptionist.

"Where can... I find... Yoshikawa Rin?" I pant out of breath.

"Second floor, room 212" she answers looking at me weirdly.

I dash to the elevators and press the button multiple times. It takes ages to arrive, frustrated, I decide to run up the stairs.

"209... 210... 211..." I mumble "212! Here!"

I knock vigorously on the door and without waiting for someone to answer I slam it open. I'm met with three faces looking directly at me, somewhat uncomfortable with my presence. Raiden and Hayami, Rin's parents, smile and wave awkwardly in my direction. I inmediately realize they were probably discussing something important so I slam the door close again. I sit down in one of the chairs of the white and bright hospital corridor. Not long after my parents arrive. They sit down and wait patiently for them to finish. I, on the other hand, am tapping my foot nervously on the floor. After what seems to be ages, the door opens to reveal my uncle.

"Can we come in?!" I ask impatiently, moving my head to the side trying to catch a glimpse on what's going on inside the room.

"Nice to see you Denki, come in"

(Rin's POV)

I wake up knowing perfectly well where I am. I hear a beeping noise coming from a machine by my side, I'm on the hospital. I know what happened before I passed out. I saved Kacchan from being killed by Nomu, but something's wrong with that, I never overexhaust myself to that point. I do feel tired, hungry and maybe even nausous but I never pass out. Why did it happened this time? And most importantly, why did I had the unexplicable urge to save Kacchan? 

Before I can analyze this the door opens to reveal a young black haired man and a light brown haired woman. The man has bags under his seafoam green eyes and a worried expression is plastered on his face. The woman is bitting her nails and her golden eyes are puffy from crying. Who are they? They're really similar to my parents, but they can't be... right? Last time I checked they were too busy saving the citizens to even care for their own daughter. 

"Rin!" the black haired man says running at super speed in my direction. "Never overexhaust yourself that way!" 

"We were so worried!" the light brown haired woman cries. "The school phoned us and told us everything. You faught like a true hero and you were great when you saved that kid."

"Mom? Dad? Why are you here, aren't you supposed to be saving the citizens?" I ask in disbelief as my dad's smile fades away.

"Rin, we never ment for you to feel that way..." mom says sadly looking down. "I believed you were fine with it. I should have been a good mother and ask you about it, not just assume it. I should have been there for you. I'm sorry... for everything..."

I'm dumbfounded. I'm still mad at them. Work was more important than their own daughter and they truly thought I was okay with it? I glare at them enraged at their apologies. If they really cared about me, they would have realized how I felt from the very beginning. My stubborn mind tells me not to forgive them, but deep inside I know I'm also wrong. They're job is to protect the citizens from any danger. They're heroes, that's what they do. I even want to become a hero myself, and I would be depressed if my child didn't understand it. My glare softens and a small smile forms in my lips.