Chapter 5- The Almost Kiss

Yay! Another chapter! I'm so proud of myself I never update as fast as I do on this story. I really appreciate your comments, and I know I don't have a lot of readers or fans ( most of my fans came from a harry potter fanfic I used to have up lol and it actually had a lot of reads but I got tired of it and I wanted to create my own stuff ) but it still makes me really happy when I read your comments. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amanda wished she could ride on a dragon. That would be cool. Dragons wouldn't care what she looked like. She could ride high up in the air, and forget about the whole cruel world below her. That, she decided would be very nice.

She gazed at the dragon on the cover of the book. It looked so fierce and big. Amanda wished they were real. If she was that boy in Eragon, she would ride her dragon into the school, scaring everyone and have it blow fire on the people she hated.

Her phone vibrated on her bed. Alarmed and a little surprised, because she never got texts or calls from anyone usually. She answered it. “Hello?”

“Hey it's Jeremy.” It felt like Amanda lost her voice. “Amanda? You there?”

“Yeah sorry.” Amanda said hastily feeling embarrassed. “Whats up?”

“I was wondering if you could come over to the library and help me with calculus. I need help on the homework.” Jeremy answered. “I'm there right now, come as soon as you can.”

“Alright, I’m on my way.” Amanda said and hung up, feeling excited. She imagined it like it could be a date or something, you know how in those books they always fall in love at the library? She sighed with dreamy content, that would be romantic- and would never happen.

She tried running a brush through her ratty hair, but it was useless. It just snarled up and frizzed out. With teary eyes she looked at herself in the mirror, she was repulsive. Who could love this? Her fat bulged out of her shirt and pants, and no matter what angle she looked at, she was equally gross.

Why else would Jeremy talk to her? All he wanted was help because he was failing and he knew she would help him. Amanda almost decided not to even go at all. But she didn't want to create new enemies, and what if Jeremy really wanted to be nice? He might of just needed help as an added bonus.

As unlikely as that was, she got in the car and drove to the library. She walked upstairs to where the seating was at and she saw Jeremy sitting by himself on one of the couches. “Hey Amanda!” He said waving a hand for her to come.

Amanda hesitantly walked over, her stomach filled with nerves. She sat down next to him, and to her embarrassment, the couch sank a little, well a lot actually when she sat down. “What do you need help with?”

Jeremy took out a sheet of paper full of calculus problems. “Can you do this for me?” He asked giving her a huge smile.

She could of melted right then and there.

Amanda recollected herself. “Didn't you need help?” She asked skeptically. “Me helping isn't me actually doing it for you.”

Jeremy stiffened for a second, his eyes almost narrowing, but a smile instantly replaced it. “Please.” He said getting close to Amanda. “I really need your help, if you don't help me I will get kicked off the football team. Coach needs me, but he has no choice to kick me off if my grades don't get better.”

“That's why I’m helping you.” Amanda said firmly. “Not actually doing it for you.”

“Please Amanda,” He said. “I don't have the time. I would really appreciate your help. I feel bad asking but I have no other choice.” He took a hand and tucked a frizzy piece of hair behind her ear. “Please.” He looked deep into her pig eyes.

It was like he stole Amanda's capability of thinking rationally. “Yes.” She said dreamily moving closer to him. “I will.” Amanda leaned in and-

“What are you doing?” Jeremy jumped back shocked. “My God, Big Mac tried to kiss me!” He looked at her in horror.

Amanda felt her cheeks heat up. What had gotten into her? Had she seriously tried to kiss Jeremy Rivers? Amanda could of slapped herself for being so stupid and horrified with herself. No normal guy would want to kiss her. Especially Jeremy, she was stupid thinking different.

She thought, he was giving her the signals for a kiss. She heard that if a guy looked deep into your eyes like that and brushed away your hair he was getting ready for a kiss. “I..er...didn't mean..I thought..I'm sorry!”

Jeremy looked pretty angry and he slammed the paper into Amanda's chest. “Just get it done.” He said. “Bring it back to me tomorrow morning before first period.” He stalked off.

Amanda held the paper to her chest feeling so alone. If she was Tracy Wendell he would of kissed her gladly. All those happy feelings she got from Jeremy turned into cold anger and she threw his homework in the trash. What made him think he was so special that she was going to do his work for him?

“Amanda,” One of the librarians said from her desk. “Are you going to get some books?” She asked. “We got some new ones today.” She was an old lady, she often wore her glasses around her neck, but still ended up losing them every so often.

“Do you have any magazines?” Amanda asked after thinking about it for a little.

The librarian looked surprised, Amanda never got magazines. “Well I guess. We have a whole bunch over there. But you can only have those out for a week.”

Amanda walked over to the rack of magazines, disappointed with what she saw. Mostly they were dieting magazines- she had enough of those, and cooking magazines. “Excuse me?” Amanda said as the librarian came over. “Do you happen to have any Vogue?”

“We have a couple old editions.” The librarian said. “If you really want some.”

Amanda nodded. “That's fine.” She answered. “Thanks.” 

AUTHORS NOTE:

So what do you think of Jeremy?

What would you have done in Amanda's case?