Too much (8)

So here's chapter eight hope you all love it! Im liking the feedback and votes please please keep it up!!

It was the day of the funeral. I wore a simple little black dress, my gold locket thatml held a photo of my mom, and my hair was down. Trent wore black pants and a black dress shirt with a red tie. Dad wore a full suit of sheer grey. "Its my mourning colour." He said as I disaproved.

When we got to the ceremony at the cemetary people were already there. Janice, her parents and her little sister, my mom's dance students, Chief Brandt, and a few other friends. They sat side by side waiting for the wake to begin. They all gave their condolences as we passed. Trent and I took our seat at the front while Marcus (dad) went up to the microphone.

"Some of you may know me and some of you may not. Resse was my wife and I loved her so much. When I heard what happened I came back home for myself and my daughter. " I rolled my eyes, he is the worst and best liar. Trent held my hand as comfort and I didn't resist. Dad had gone on for a while when it was finally my turn.

I came up to the casket to put a red rose in my mother's hands. She looked like me, or I looked like her. You could see the marks on her and I wished that she didn't have to go like this.

Going up and talking about your dead mother, the person she was is never easy. Its not like a speech you prepare on something random, this speech meant something it had truth behind it, and it couldn't be written perfect. "Hello everyone." Is how I began. "Well what's there to say? My mom touched the hearts of many. She knew just what to do when the rest of the world didn't. The way she left us shouldn't have happened, especially to her." I said and tried to swallow the lump in my throat. "When we lose someone it hurts, but for me I feel it different. We all know of my attack." The crowd of people then look at mt scars and when I look over to Trent his head has fallen. "My mom was attacked in the same way so I feel this connection with her, a connection that broke the same time it was created. I wish, I wish..." I teared up. "I wish it was me who died when I was attacked not her. I, I just want my mom...my mom back." I cried but tried to hold it together. "I can't do this.." I said in realization. I dropped the microphone and it let out a screech, I ran. I could hear the crowd gasp and whisper some would talk about me trying to be brave others would talk about how I wasn't, then the priest began.

I couldn't do it, I couldnt watch my mom be buried into the earth. I wanted her home, I needed her pressence in our house.

My shoes were hurting my ankles as I ran and so I kicked them off. "Rosa!" A voice called out, I tripped on a grave stone and didn't bother trying to get up, I sat on the ground crying. "Rosa.." It was Trent. He grabbed my hands and pulled my flailing body up, my immediate reaction was to jump into his arms.

"I couldn't do it." I said through the sobs.

He ran his hands through my hair and rubbed my back. "Shh, I know." Then the words I desperatly needed someone to say to me come from his lips ."Everything is going to be ok. I'm here." With that I pulled back and tried so hard not to cry. He wiped away the remaining tears and kissed my forehead.

"Trent, no." I didn't know what I was doing but I knee that at that moment it felt right. I pulled him clase and kissed him. He kissed me back once but then retreated.

"But Rosa you said."

"I know. I just needed time and I needed something to be said."

"What was that?" He asked smiling.

"I'm not telling you just in case you think you can ger away with things." I smiled and kissed him again. "I should have never gotten mad at you, I just have issues with trust and when you told me, well, I didn't know how to cope. I couldn't be with you and try to cope." I said looking deep into his eyes.

"Roaa, I don't blame you. I understand now how you thought what I did was out of self guilt. I am sorry. Sorry for the pain I've caused you." Says Trent while pushing my hair back.

We stayed there until the ceremony was done then we went back home where my father was frantic.

"You don't jist run off like that!" He yelled and Trent held me close. "What were you thinking? No one runs off during a funeral! Think about how your mother would have felt."

That did it, I stepped away from Trent and towards my father. "Do you no aee that I can't handle it. My mother just died! Don't ask.me how she would've felr because I do know, and you don't! She would see how distrot I am and see how I felt!" I yelled at my father and silence came, no one spoke not even Trent.

"Go to your room." Says my father. That was the line that broke the silence.

"I'm not five, you can't send me to my room."

"Now." I didn't budge. "Roaa, get upstairs to your room now!" His voice rang through my ears.

I huffed and ran up the stairs slamming my door. "AHH, UGHH!" I screeched throwing the pillows and books on the flor. I looked up at the mirror and saw my eyes flash silver. When I came closer they were normal again. What was going on? I looked outside and saw Trent leaving, I pounded on the window hoping to get his attention, but he didn't notice. I texted him instead. 'Trent wait around the corner, its urgent.'

I quickly threw on jeans amd a pullover sweater. My blackberry buzzes. 'Alright l, see you in a minute.'

I opened my window and climbed out. I went over to the side of the house where the fence with the vines are, then I climbed down and jumped to the ground. I looked around, no sign of my father, then I booked it over where I was out of sight. I walked down the street until I saw Trent waiting outside his car. "Get in we need to go before I'm seen." I said as I climb in the passengers seat.

"What's this about?" Trent asks as he starts the car.

"I'll explain later jilust go..." I drag off because I hadn't figured out where to go.

"My house." Finished Trent.

It wasn't long till we were at Trent's and I'd begun to explain whatever I thought I knew. "Alright so you said you saw.my eyes flicker gold and silver right?" Trent nodded. "Then I thought you said eyes, strength, wolf. Now today I thought my eyes were silver when I was upstairs." I saod. "What's going on?"

Trent sat down at the kitchen table and held his hands. "I don't know. I mean beaides that--."

"Besides what?"

"Nothing its impossible." He said shaking his head and getting up.

I moved towards him. "Trent what is it? What do you think you know?"

He sighed. " I think that what's happeing to you is a sign that you may be..."

"May be?" I asked.

"May be a werewolf." He finally got it out.

"No." I said and sat down. "How?" Was what I needed to know.

"I don't know." He sat beside mw. "Just the gold and silver eyes, the hearing my thoughts, your sudden strength. That's the only thing that makes sense."

We sat there staring at eachother. I didn't know what to say, niether did he. Hiw was it possible that there is a chance I could be a werewolf? Why woukd it be possoble and what was going to happene now?

When I came home I overheard my father on the phone. "She'll fimd out. There's no hiding it, its fate."

I texted Trent...'Ive got some info.'