Chapter 4: It's Just Like Babysitting right?

Author's note: There are some purposely misspelled words in order to help imitate the language of an almost three year old. Hope you guys like it!

Chapter 4:

It's Just Like Babysitting Right?

"Sooo...." I glanced over towards Layla, who was still eating her Cheerios. Already I could see that she was making a bit of a mess, milk splattering everywhere each time she went to take a bite like she was new to using a spoon Then again it was a big spoon, too big for her little hands. I ate my own cereal slowly, just watching her. This couldn't be that hard. She was almost three and she could feed herself, one less thing I needed to do for her. Plus my mum would only be gone for a few hours. She was right, there was no need for me to worry or get freaked out. This would be easy. She looked up at the sound of my voice, chewing away before plopping her spoon back down in the milk. "Do you know who I am...?" I wondered as I looked over at her once more.

Layla seemed to blink before looking back at me and nodding her head. "One Diwection." I rose my eyebrows at that, wondering just how much Lacey told her before she came here. So she knew I was apart of One Direction. That didn't mean she knew I was her father.

"Yeah, I'm in One Direction. Do you like our music?" I wondered, raising my eyebrows. She looked at me and shrugged her shoulders, continuing to eat her cereal. "Have you heard it before?" I asked, only to have her shrug her shoulders once more. "You don't talk very much do you?" I asked with a sigh, finishing up my own cereal. "Usually you cant get kids to be quiet, but you're not much of a talker I see." I muttered more to myself as I took another spoonful of cereal, finishing it up. "Is that all I am?" I asked after a moment as I looked over at her once more. "Just a singer in One Direction...?"

Layla looked at me, her brow furrowing slightly in confusion. I looked at her, blinking before clearing my throat. "I mean that... well... has your mum told you that I'm your err...." My voice trailed off as I looked at her, those big green eyes of hers just looking at me with confusion. 'You're going to end up confusing the hell out of this girl Harry.' I thought to myself as I  groaned inwardly. Hell, I was still trying to come to terms with the fact that I was her father, how in the world was she going to get used to it? "You know what? Never mind. Don't even worry your pretty little head about it okay?" I looked at her and smiled, reaching out and patting the top of her messy hair before smiling.

She seemed to look at me, blinking before reaching up and grabbing her now empty bowl, raising it up. "I finished." Layly practically declared with a nod before setting it back down and climbing down from the pillows and chair, standing by the table as she looked at me. I took both of our dirty dishes before putting them in the sink then turning to face her, still seeing she was in the pink pajama set.

"Lets go get dressed now shall we?" I looked down at her before reaching out, offering my hand.

Layla looked at it for a moment before sliding her little hand into mine, holding on tight. I smiled some at her before heading over to the living room, where both her suitcases were located. I sat down on the ground, releasing her hand before opening up them both, seeing they were full of lots of..child things. Clothes, toys, the works. "Go ahead and pick something to wear." I gestured to the suitcase as Layla put her finger to her chin in an adorable manner, looking into both suitcases. it didn't take long for her at all to pull out what looked like a pair of zebra striped leggings and a dark blue shirt. Pursing my lips some, I glanced at her clothes seeing that they didn't exactly match. "Well, maybe you'll be the next trendsetter. You know how to get dressed?"

"I can do it myself!" Layla nodded her head enthusiastically, reaching down and grabbing some little green flip flops as well and turning, dropping all of the clothes in a pile before beginning to pull of her sleepers.