Chapter 54: This Requires Wine

Gabby.

Kisses on my shoulder, kisses on my neck, my back. My hand reaches behind me, wrapping it around the back of his neck, pulling him in closer to me as I let out a little moan. He pushes his morning erection up against my ass and the feel of how hard I make him makes my smile appear. I push myself back into him letting him know I've noticed.

"I need you" Kane whispers into my ear.

Yes please!

My eyes flicker open as I look around the room. Sydney is sleeping on the couch. Morgan and Cole are cuddled up together on the floor beside us (looking adorable, might I add). Morning sex cannot happen here. I stand up quickly and pull Kane's hand to follow me upstairs. It's early, I don't hear any floors creaking so no one is awake.

I swing the door open and find my dad sitting at the kitchen table drinking his coffee. Kane runs into my back and groans when he sees his future father-in-law.

Cock blocked.

"Morning." My dad laughs and sips from his cup. "In a hurry to get somewhere?"

"A cold shower" Kane groans again as he leaves the kitchen with his hands covering his hard on.

I had been home almost a week already and alone time with Kane was apparently something that was not going to happen.  At least not if my dad had anything to say about it. 

"Don't bother following him, there's no empty rooms.  Zo is in yours, Emmett is in Syd's and your brother is in his own."

I plop myself into the seat beside him and grab his coffee.  "Are you saying that I'm not talented enough as my sister to figure out shower sex?"

"Jesus, Gabby!"  His head shakes and he rubs his face with his hands. "I'm trying to forget that!"

I giggle, take a sip of the coffee and set it down.  "No worries.  I really don't have time anyways.  It's time I actually act like a bride and begin to worry that shit isn't done yet.  Sue and I are putting together my center pieces today.  Plus I have my last fitting today for my dress."

He nods and stands from the table, silent. He looks exhausted, almost like he did after Courtney. Bags under his eyes with creased worry lines across his forehead, he has no color to his face.

"Dad, are you okay?"

He turns on the faucet, scoops a handful of water into his hands and pushes it into his face. He takes a deep breath and nods. "I'm tired. It's been a long week. Just thinking about a lot."

"Are you sleeping?" I glance up to him. It's been seven years since Courtney. I know those nightmares we both experienced. No one else understands that night like we do, I could see where this would bother him still.

"I'm a parent. I never sleep." He gives me a smile, but I know it's fake. This is something he doesn't want to talk about and I need to respect that. "Why is your brother sleeping in his old room and not downstairs with you guys? He seemed pretty pissed when he stormed up here last night."

I pull the rubber band on my wrist and give it a good snap, it breaks and tumbles to the floor. I keep my eyes focused on the blue band lying the linoleum floor, trying not to think about our argument last night.

"Gabs?"

I look back up to my dad and sigh. "He brought up Jax and we got into a fight."

"He brought up Jax? During a wedding festivity?"

"And in front of Kane..." I nod. "He wants to know what Jax did to get into trouble. I don't know, I guess I just feel like that will never be my secret to tell. Courtney obviously had a reason that she didn't want Felix to know. Maybe she was embarrassed, she didn't even really want me to know. But if she wasn't ready to tell him, then I will never be ready to tell him.  In his mind, he knew it involved Courtney and he thought that Jax had done something to her."