1: Pride

Ah'Tasha Hardwick

"Yo ass ain't ever at home." Max said as I came down the stairs of Tania house.

"Bitch suck my dick." I said flipping him off.

"Dirty ass mouth of yours." He said shaking his head.

"Are you done?" I asked picking up the blunt from the ashtray lighting it.

"Don't you got school today?"

"That's where I'm finna go now." I said checking the time seeing is was 6:45.

"Why you here so early anyways?"

"I spent the night."

I was about to respond but my phone dinged making me turn my attention towards it.

Kaysen💙: come slide.

I got school today😒

Kaysen💙: you finally goin' for once

It depends on what you want, money come before anything🤷🏽‍♀️

Kaysen💙: nah go learn some, this can wait.

Aight

I locked my phone and looked outside seeing my grandpa pulling up.

"Aye I'm outta, imma hit ya' jack later playa." I said slapping hands with him before spraying perfume on myself and grabbing my bookbag.

"Aight be good out there." He responded.

I left out locking the door behind myself before making my way toward my grandpa old school Cadillac.

"Hey Papa." I smiled.

"Hey baby." He responded.

"How you been?" I asked him.

"Livin', ya' cousin won't stop annoyin' me." He said referring to my cousin Mannie.

I laughed.

"Your daddy been lookin' for you."

"I heard." I said.

"You can't keep doing your parents like that Tash."

"I'm not doing them like nothing." I said.

"I'm not gonna ruin this nice morning talking about them. Just check in so they know you okay." He said.

I nodded.

He turned up the radio that was playing the Temptations.

He pulled up at my school and I rolled my eyes seeing all these kids I couldn't stand.

"Love you, see you later." I said kissing his cheek and getting out of the car.

I walked up to Taz since he was the only one still in school like me besides Tania.

"Oh shit, I know that ain't Tash." This nigga named Tony said.

I ignored him and punched Taz in the shoulder.

"Yo' ass always lyin' and shit." I said.

He laughed and I rolled my eyes.

The bell rung and we walked inside.

"Nice to see you here Ah'Tasha." Benny the security guard told me as I walked through the metal detector.

"Man gone." I said rolling my eyes, his ass always talking to me.

He chuckled and motioned for me to continue walking.

I grabbed my bookbag and made my way to my locker that was right next to Taz's.