Like a newborn

I could hear hearts pumping but I could mostly smell dog. I didn't attack anyone and the party ended around midnight. I stayed up in my room for most of it with Esme. She knew this was hard for me.

The next day we prepared for fighting

The next day we prepared for fighting. I would go against Jasper, since he taught me how to fight. It was how we bonded.

     I was sitting in a tree, I had just run here and I was watching Jasper beat up Emmett.

    Emmett went flying and wanted to go again but Edward drove up with Bella

    Emmett went flying and wanted to go again but Edward drove up with Bella. They remained in the clearing as I was a few feet away and up.

    The wolves showed up and came in, very cautious. "They don't trust us enough to be in their human forms." Edward said and I leaned on the branch. I focused on the black wolf, he was the Alpha, Sam.

    "They came. That's enough." Carlisle replied before asking him to translate while the wolves came to meet us to where my family was standing, I saw Sam look at me, before going back to Carlisle.

    Carlisle and Edward met them and I saw Sam snarl at Bella. "Welcome. Jasper-" he gestures to my brother who was standing with his hands behind his back, "-has experience with newborns. He'll teach us how to defeat them.".

    "They want to know how Newborns differ from us." Edward translates and Carlisle nods at him, before looking up at me and back to Sam and the rest of them.

    "They're a great deal stronger than us because their own old human blood lingers in their tissues." he explains, "Our kind is never more physically powerful than in our first several months of this life." he finishes before moving away and letting Jasper take over.

    I watch as Jasper takes his place and agreeing with Carlisle, "Carlisle's right. That's why they're created. A newborn army doesn't need thousands like a human army. No human army could stand against them". I've never seen Jasper so serious as he was now. But he continues to both groups "The two most important things to remember are first, never let them get their arms around you, they'll crush you. And second, never go for the obvious kill. They'll be expecting that and you will lose." and I remember him telling me this when he was training me.

    But at that time, he wasn't describing it about newborns. It was just in general. He informed them, "Katherine is our newest member, she is no longer a newborn but only by a year. She still holds onto their traits, despite that I trained her. Katherine!" He called me and getting into a cleared area. I slid off my tree, jumping down and landing on my feet softly.

    "I'm a bit offended by the fact you said I was like a newborn." I tease him and he smiles, as he reaches his spot and I reach mine, before adding "Plus you only trained me for a week.".

    He retorts "Because you got tired of losing." and I rolled my eyes. Same difference. I rush at him, going vampire speed and as fast as I can, I go to kick out his legs but he flips over, out of reach. I stand quickly, and rush at him, getting ahold of his arm and throwing him, but he twirls in the air, landing on his feet before coming at me. I could feel eyes on me but I ignored it for now.

    I slid under Jasper, getting my back but mostly my leggings dirty. I push my hair out of my face, not that it really bothered me. He stopped as I stood and I rushed at him, right as he turned around and managed to throw me over him. I landed on my back. I flipped up onto my feet again without touching the ground and glanced around me. Then I froze, and I saw a wolf.

    Jasper was less than a foot away at that point and had managed to wrap his arm around my neck

    Jasper was less than a foot away at that point and had managed to wrap his arm around my neck. "You're dead." he called out and I snapped back into focus.

    However Edward read my mind and was looking at the wolf. All the wolves were looking at me too. Bella asked, "What?" and Edward didn't even look at her.

    "Jacob imprinted on Katherine." he told her and Jasper let me go, Alice came to my side. She shook my arm and I looked up from the ground.

    "Is it true?" she asked partly excited, but mostly curious

    "Is it true?" she asked partly excited, but mostly curious. I knew it was true. Sam growled, dragging the wolves attention from me.

    I heard Emmett say "Hell yes." not caring that I was mated to a wolf.

    "I have to leave." I say before rushing away, running home where I reached it in under a minute.

    But I had heard a whimper that had never left my mind. My family was gone for a few hours. I stayed on my terrace but I got a call from Rosalie. "Hey how are you doing?" she asked, and I assumed the others were listening in.