Chapter 8

Today is the day. The Adams family is leaving. I wake up feeling more desolate than usual, the Adams family is the one thing that makes this place feel even in the slightest bit like a home instead of a prison. Everything here is so surreal, like a bad dream and I can't wake up.

I look around noticing everyone is still asleep which means it must still be early. There's no way to tell the time in the zoo except it opens at nine and closes at seven. Deciding I might as well do something in the activity center because it's not going anywhere I make my way over to the arts and crafts station. The Adams family needs something to remember me by so I won't vanish completely out of their minds for the next 6 years I'll spend here.

The thought makes my stomach turn. Six years. That's six years in this place, this hell. Pushing away the thought I think about what to make for the family. I look at the very advanced intricate art tools laying on the chrome table. Looking at the medal slabs I decide to carve my name into the metals with the tool and put a message on the back.

"Meeting again by luck or by faith~ serendipity" I make four of them so when Ren and Ken are old enough to read they'll know too. Lastly I make one for me that says Adams family on it so I'll always remember even though I highly doubt I'll ever forget them.

The Guards come in to wake anyone else who hasn't gotten up yet. We are then presented with a breakfast of eggs and toast before it's time to go into the chambers. This time however when we get out the manager lady tells us that there is a special treatment for us today. By the look on her face I'm very skeptical of this "treatment".

We are led further down the hall of the building to two rooms that read boy and girl across from each other. They separate the genders and take each inside. Oh hell no. I look around and am met with waxes, clippers, hair products, you name it. The girls are lined up and each given a lady with a curtain to block viewing eyes.

Without hesitation or consent the lady removes my skirt and top. A string of words comes out of my mouth and before I can continue wax is spread over a section of my leg and ripped off. F$&@! I am waxed, washed, and plucked everywhere. When the time comes for the area I don't allow people to touch I scream not so quietly before nearly decapitating the lady in front of me.

By the time everything is done this day got a whole lot worse. I have been informed this will be a monthly occurrence. We are led out along with the boys, then finally enter the enclosure. My mood plummets seldomly as my eyes land on the Adams family who is not in their usual "home" that is the cave. Apparently there are some other small acquaintances they came to say goodbye to.

Stone faced I refuse to cry as Natalia marches toward me and engulfs me in a hug, teary eyed. I hug her back closing my eyes as I take in her touch and smell. After we pull away Ben is standing there with his arm stretched out to me for a handshake. Instead I pull his arm jerking him forward and give him a hug, a real hug. He stiffens under my hold like he's uncomfortable with intimate touch but I don't care, just this once.

Ren and Ken come running to my legs and look at me with big dark almost black eyes. "Mommy and daddy say we have to say goodbye but for you not to be sad." My lip turns up in a sad smile as I take in the two boys. Even though it's only been two months these people feel like family. When I think about it they're the closest thing I've got besides Taylor.

She's nowhere to be found but I expected it, she's terrible with goodbyes. Remembering the necklaces I stashed in my bra I pull them out and hand one to each of them. As Natalia looks over it all of a sudden she bursts into tears, sobbing out loud. Ben rubs her back soothingly as she cries her heart out like they've done this before, being each other's rock.

"Hominids it is a special time of release for members of your community, come to the front of the enclosure!" Natalia looks up then at me, tears still down her cheeks. "That's our cue." We all give one final group hug before they make their way to their positions. A large circle gathers around the Adams family as they stand in the middle.

The clacking of high heels has the crowd parting like she's Moses. "Hominid 9345 step forward." Ben steps up first to stand in front of the lady. He is handed a form to sign and he does after looking it over he is handed some clothes, actual clothes. "You are released." The same goes for the rest of the family as they exit one by one. And just like that they're gone.

***
I miss the Adams family already as I walk through the enclosure the next day. I walk and walk until I get to the place my feet so desperately wanted to take me. The cave is dark, no electronic fire lighting the way to a joyful family inside. Entering the cave I drag my fingers across the wall as I walk slowly, reminiscing about the time spent here with them. Meeting them, my mother coming here, the party, it all comes back.

I reach the end of the cave and clap my hands twice, sparking the orange electricity. My breath hitches in my throat as I will myself not to cry, shoving my emotions so far down I nearly choke on them. Sliding down the cave wall I run my fingers through my hair, closing my eyes and I stay like that for hours.

When I do come out of the cave it's mid afternoon, after lunch, which I decided not to go to. I'm walking away from the cave when I notice something in the "forest" in between the vines that hang beautifully above the darkness. It's Taylor and that girl, kissing. I stand flabbergasted for a moment before smiling at them, watching like a creep.

Backing away slowly I bump into something. It's that boy from the bus again. Shooting him a glare I turn to walk away but he grips my arm, tightly. I struggle to pull away to no avail. "What do you want." I snap at him. That's when I notice the sinister look in his eyes as he smirks at me. "I'm looking to relieve some pressure." My throats closes up and panic rises in me as I take in his comment.

"As if" I roll my eyes at him swallowing the lump in my throat. His smirk turns into an angry frown as his eyes zero in on me. He takes my hair in his fist, dragging me. My heart races as I scratch at his arm, kicking and lashing at him. It doesn't faze him as he's strong, stronger than he should be. I'm thrown to the ground with a shove that knocks the air out of my lungs.

Before I can gasp enough air into my lungs he's on top of me, pinning my hands above my head. "Get off of me!" I shriek struggling under his hold unsuccessfully. My chest heaves as the panic makes my head spin. His free hand clutches the waist of my skirt pulling it off in one move, leaving my bottom exposed. "No! Help!" I scream all of the air out of my lungs. But nothing happens, no one helps.

The hand comes up to pull off the bra leaving my breasts exposed, he gropes all over my body, squeezing and rubbing. I scream but everyone around me just watches. Nobody does a thing but look, standing there. With nearly no air left to scream I look into his eyes, silently begging for him to stop. It's no use.

He pushes into me, penetrating and I let out the most agonizing scream of my life. The assault doesn't stop as he relentlessly drives in and out, not bothering with my screams. My heads bobs to the side and I lock eyes with taylor begging her to help me. She stands frozen in place, shaking and crying too afraid to get a step closer. I look ahead to see the devil looking at us, smiling. Any soul I though she had in her I was proven wrong, she really is Satan.

The cycle is never ending it continues on for what feels like hours. He relieves into me multiple times, using my body for his gain. For the first time in my life I feel helpless, small, weak, fragile. And for the first time in so long, I cry. I cry endless tears that will never stop.

After an eternity of suffering it stops, he stops. His hands let go of me and he leaves me there on the ground, used and abused. I stay on the ground, naked, splayed out in front of everyone, unmoving. I stare to the side, tears streaming as I remain unblinking. They've broken me.

***
June 24th 2112
6/24/2112

Ok don't hate me, yes the chapter was dark and no Serendipity didn't deserve it but there is more and better things to come later, just hang on for the long emotional roller coaster.