11| Papers

The bell rang and I quickly raced out of the gym, thankful to get away from Blair. I walked towards my locker to gather my stuff for science. I stood on my tiptoes and pulled the top locker's handle, but it wouldn't budge. Annoyed, I hit it with the side of my fist.

"Ow!" Squealed quietly. After tugging on it for another thirty seconds, it finally popped open. I quickly pulled out my science folder and books, then pushed the locker for it to close again.

I trudged slowly towards science, dreading the presentation due today. Apparently, I was so lost in my mind that I didn't notice the body before I walked into it.

My papers flew, my books fell and I found myself immediately dropping down to pick them up, avoiding the haze of Mikel. If I pretend I didn't walk into him, maybe he'll leave?

Nope.

"Sorry, I didn't see you there." He chuckled. "But I guess most people don't." For some Godforsaken reason, I laughed. No, Brook, that was an insult!

"Yeah, I wasn't looking at where I was going." I said apologetically. It's like he was controlling me with his good looks. I don't want to be nice to him, I don't want to even talk to him. But, sadly, I did.

"That's alright. Say, how about I make it up to you with a coffee date after school?" He asked charmingly. I paused for a moment. A coffee date. Date.

"Uhm, s-sure."

No, you idiot! You don't like him and he'll break me into pieces! My heart pounded. A blush crept up my neck while I coughed to cover it up.

"Great! I'll drive you there after school, k?" I nodded. Now my brain and heart are both chastising me for being so stupid. I know he'll hurt me. I know he probably only wants to use me. But, for some reason, that only makes me want him more. But is it really that stirring within me?

Mikel left, his steps scattering my papers more. I sighed and went back gathering them. I'm obviously late for class, but I don't really care anymore. I just took my time, sort of glad to get out of class. The throbbing in my forehand died down, though I probably look like some monster with the huge bruise on the left side of my face.

"Having some trouble, shortcake?" Alex asked, crouching down and looking at me with a smile, his eyes sparkling. I scoffed and continued picking up my papers.

"I'm good. Shouldn't you be getting to class?" I asked irritatedly.

"I could ask you the same question. But, instead I'll ask you this: what did Mikel said?" He picked up a couple of my papers and handed them to me. I cleared my throat, determined to not stutter.

"He... told me to watch where I was going and what not." I lied in a quiet voice. I noticed Alex clench his fist, then unclenched it and turned to face me, doubt filling his emerald eyes. I blinked, trying not to get lost in the pattern of his irises.

"No, seriously, what'd he said?" He asked. I stood up, tempted just to walk away. Who was he to know everything, everyone said to me?

"I already told you, he said to watch where I was going. Now can you please just give me my papers so I can get to class?" Suddenly, I was being towered over by Alex, his hands resting on my shoulders. I tensed. "My God, can you just keep your nose out of my business? What's the big deal about me going on a little coffee date-" damn.

"Brooklyn! I thought you were better than that, going on a date with the boy who slept with half of the girls at this school." He bit his lips before adding with a chuckle. "Boys probably included." I pushed his chest and started up at him with determination. Wait, did he just use my actual name? Well, that's new.

"I don't give a damn about whatever rumours are with him. I'm not canceling my plans because of a jealous-" I pointed my finger at him. "-boy who doesn't know how determine lies from the truth."

"Well maybe if you knew how to choose your guys, I wouldn't have to stick with the
'rumours' and I told you, I'm not jealous."

"Right, And I'm not a klutzy geek. I know jealousy when I see it, Alex. Now will you please just give me my papers?" I said with annoyance. I swear Alex's eyes softened, just for a second. I never even notice how he managed to pin me against a wall until I tried to back up.

"You aren't a klutzy geek." My heart pounded while butterflies invade my stomach. I held my breath and pushed Alex away from me, fighting the harsh blush that crept up my neck and tried to settle on my ears. Choose a boy, brain!

"Papers. Now. I have class." I demanded, picking up the rest of my papers and books. Alex sighed and handed me the papers he had gathered. Without a second thought, I walked off, leaving him behind.

The butterflies didn't go away, though.

_______________________________

Sorry if it was sort, but can't you guys believe it ;)

Anyways, don't forget to Vote and Follow!!