"Am being an optimist" he said and she giggled

"Ok, it has to be after graduation" she replied. He had hoped it would be soon like a month from then or so.

"Your wish is my command" he said bowing his head a little.

She gave a short laugh shaking head.

"Do you want your father to accept?" he hated himself for asking her that but his curiosity weighed out.

"Yes, no" she scoffed "I don't know. It's the only thing left, his approval. I just pray what ever he decides is the best for all of us. Good night" she said and got inside living him to ponder on what she said. What if her father says no and it was best for the both of them? He didn't want to think about, it couldn't be, not after all the fasting and the prayers. He shoved the thought away. He had faith that everythings would work out.

Zinar had told her mother about Ahmad. She had a long talk with her mother. Her mother had been praying for her and so was her father, he just didn't think she was ready yet.

"What makes you think you are worthy of my daughter" he asked Ahmad and his ability to speak went out through the window. He had asked about his job, family history and medical history all the necessities.

Her father was an educationist so he was somewhat a natural intimidator. His bulge brown eyes that Zinar inherited pieced right through him.

"Zinar deserves someone who respect's and love her, someone who sees how much of a wonderful person she is. And I do." He finished a bit composed.

"Toh she is studying now, marriage will come after school."

"We understand and we respect your decision " Omar said politely.

"I will wait." Ahmad said sounding the most confident he was since he stepped into the house. Her father told them he would get back to them but most importantly it was Zinar's choice.

The reason he approved of Zinar giving Ahmad a chance was because of Omar and because his wife urged him to give Zinar's suitors all their chances. He usually didnt even go past introduction and he would tell them that she was studying.

"I cannot allow my daughter to marry from people that look down on us and even if you didn't it is not part of our culture" he said firmly to Omar the first time they visited.

"I understand the history between our races" Omar said

"History? This is something that is still happening till date" Abdul Rashid opposed.

"It is the sad truth but things will never be better if the few that want to build bridges are shunned. And about it not being part of culture, I myself am rather a conservative person when it comes to culture but we are first Muslims before we were part of culture." Omar said calmly. They had a few discussions about the racial abuse and that was how he agreed eventually. However, he still wasn't comfortable with the idea of his daughter marrying from another race.

Her dad had done his investigation on all the potential suitors that had come to ask for his daughter's hand in marriage. All that was left was for Zinar to decide whom she wanted and for them to help her choose whom they see fit best and pray for her. He sat down with his wife to discuss the suitors.

"That Adamu boy, he is a bit-" he shook his head in disapproval. He was in the living room eating with his wife.

"And that Ahmad what if something happens? No" he shook his head again "They're there and we're here." He voiced out his concern.

"We just have to have faith and pray, after all she might not even choose him. That Nasr seems like a good boy maybe she might choose him" even she was scared, as much as she wanted her baby married.