one

~ N O W ~

I shift uncomfortably in my seat as my best friend, Sarah, went from eyeing me to eyeing the boy I had walked into the café with, her gorgeous brown eyes narrowing as the wheels in her head turned methodically. “Isn’t that the guy I pushed you in to at Tom’s party?” she asks bringing her sharp gaze back to me, “the one you-” and then she suddenly jerks back as it finally clicks, her eyes widening into saucers as her hand grabs hold of my forearm. “It is him!” she whisper hisses, eyeing the tallest boy in the line who was speaking to a girl in front of him with what I saw was a friendly smile on his face, oblivious to the way she pushing her huge boobs out and smiling up at him flirtatiously.

“Um, yeah, I suppose it is,” I utter bringing my eyes back to meet surprised brown ones as her fingers dug even tighter into my wrist and made me wince.

When has this been happening!?” she squeaks, causing a few people to turn and look at us, “better yet, how did this start happening?” she asks, voice much too loud for my liking and shooting another question my way before I could even come up with an answer, “And why did you not tell me about it!” she exclaims, that last one causing the said boy we were talking about to look over at me in question despite the fact that he was on the other side of the room, only to have me wave him away, cheeks heated in embarrassment.

“Well…” I mumble, glancing back at the boy still waiting in the line, long and packed thanks to the pre-work/uni time rush hour. “Just like you said; it all started at Tom’s party…”

{a/n - yas, i know it's short and boring but it's just a quick intro, i pinkie-pinkie promise i'll bring in the first chapter tomorrow okay? okay. bai ily}