Violet licked her lips, but bit the inside of her cheek to keep herself in line. "Can we do something else? I want to talk to you some more."

"You're growing tired of me?"

Shaking her head with a smile, Violet sat up and straddled over his lap. "I can never get tired of this," she purred, her fingers caressing the silver belt buckle of his pants. "Although, you do tire me out by how much you've been giving it to me lately."

Underneath her, Gin smiled at Violet with eyes that glistened like polished silver. "Do you want to play a game then? You seem to enjoy those quite a bit."

While he was proposing this alternative, Gin's hands traveled underneath Violet's skirt to fondle the soft flesh between her thighs which were covered in constellations of bite marks and hickeys.

If you're going to offer me another distraction, don't make it hard for me to refuse the first one, you bastard!

"And what game are you thinking about?" she said weakly as Gin's fingers slipped under the fabric of her underwear to feel at her hips.

He smiled a smile that exposed the pristine whites of his teeth. "Do you know how to play chess?"

XOXO

Using a rickety desk, two rusty old chairs, and an intricately carved tortoiseshell chessboard, Violet and Gin set the stage for their duel of wits.

Instead of sticking to the color palette conferred to her by the plot, Violet claimed Black and Gin took over White. While Violet couldn't say that she was any good at chess--with her being a previous regional high school chess champion and all--she couldn't say she was terrible at the game either.

"To make the game more interesting," Gin said, leaning forward on the desk with his elbows, "how about we lose an article of clothing every time we lose a piece?"

Violet eyed at him, her face blank. "Like strip poker, except with chess?"

"Scared you'll be stripped bare by the time I say checkmate?"

She smirked and rolled her eyes at him. "Haven't seen me naked enough?"

"If I had my way with you," he crooned, "I would always have you naked and begging for me. Love."

She felt her body surge with warmth, but her face remained subdued and colourless. "Make a move already, Lover Boy."

The two were quiet during their exchanges, the clacking of chess pieces over the obsidian and ivory surface of the chessboard being the language they were using to trade blows. They continued wordlessly, with Gin's movements becoming increasingly aggressive and unpredictable. A pawn from the Black side was eventually swallowed by a bishop from the White side and a grin like a curved knife wound appeared over Gin's face.

"What will it be Love?" Gin said, taking Violet's defeated pawn to his lips. "I'm waiting."

Straightening her posture, Violet stared Gin down, indifferent. If you're going to be like that, she thought, I might as well be the same.

Under the desk, Violet slid off her panties and lifted them with a hooked finger for Gin to see. He raised a brow at the black lacy thing and grinned. "Already admitting defeat? We haven't even started."

"Who said I was admitting to anything?" she said before she flung it over to Gin who'd caught it and expertly tucked it into the front pocket of his blazer. She crossed her legs and puckered her lips as she said, "I thought I'd give you some encouragement since you won't be seeing much of anything, Lover Boy."